Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Fabulous Florets Edition



This week the Stamp Review Crew is "reviewing" the Stampin'Up! set Fabulous Florets. This is a great floral set with both outline and silhouette images. It has been out for a while, so what new ideas can the "Crew" come up with?
I took my color inspiration from this chair in my newest Pier 1 Imports catalog. I love the colors. Not normal ones I would put together.  Both cards were done using Summer Starfruit, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate and Whisper White colors.

 The first card was created by stamping the outline images on whisper white, cutting them out, adhering them to a piece of Summer Starfruit card stock and then embossing the piece with the Square Lattice Embossing folder. I added a little texture to the flowers by drawing some lines on each petal with my Blender Pen and Smoky Slate ink. The sentiment is from Stampin'Up! Create a Cupcake stamp set.

Card Dimensions:
Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" 
Basic Gray piece: 2"x 4"
Summer Starfruit piece: 3"x 4"



I love the silhouette image of this second card.  The flowers fit perfectly on the stems. Summer Starfruit has really grown on me over the past two years and I will be sad to see it go this summer! The Candy Dots are from the Regals Collection, Crushed Curry.  The sentiment is from Stampin'Up! Blooming With Kindness set.

Card Dimensions:
Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Summer Starfuit piece:  4" x 5 1/4"
Top Layer: 3 7/8" x 5 1/8"

Stampin'Up!s Paper Snips were essential for cutting the flowers in these projects. They are perfect for any and all intricate cutting you need to make.  I love these so much, I have 3 pairs!

That is it for me! I hope you enjoyed the projects. If you have a moment, before you go, I would love to hear your comments. I truly appreciate your feedback.

And now, more great ideas await you over at Tidd Bits From Dawn!

 Tidd Bits From Dawn
Tidd Bits From Dawn


And if you would like to go back to Nancy Smith's blog:

 iguanastamp
IguanaStamp
Till Next Time!

Complete Blog Roll
  1. Heidi Baks  runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com
  2. Cindy Beach stampspaperandink.typepad.com/
  3. Tanya Boser   tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com
  4. Debra Burgin  heartfeltinkspiration.com/
  5. Deb Currier  artfeltimpressions.blogspot.com/ 
  6. Yapha Mason   yaphamason.com
  7. Mary Rindal   maryrindal.com/ 
  8. Nancy Smith  iguanastamp.wordpress.com
  9. Martha Stewart  seasonsofstamping.com/ 
  10. Dawn Tidd   tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com
  11. Betty Traciak kittystamps.blogspot.com
  12. Lisa Young   addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/ 
  13. Kerry Willard Bray  kerrywillardbray.com
  14. Paula Wright  paulastamps.blogspot.com/
  15. Rita Wright  ritascreations.blogspot.com/
  16. Jill Coleman  jillstamps.com/

All materials Stampin'Up!
#1
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Create a Cupcake
Ink: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Paper: Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Summer Starfruit, & Whisper White card stock
Misc: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Boho Blossoms punch, Decorative Label punch, 3/8" Stitched Summer Starfruit Satin Ribbon, Neutrals Candy Dots, Paper Snips, Blender Pen

#2
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, Blooming With Kindness
Ink: Smoky Slate, Summer Starfruit
Paper: Whisper White, Summer Starfruit card stock
Misc: Paper Snips, Regal Collection Candy Dots, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Blender Pen

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Such pretty cards! Love the colors you chose -- thanks for sharing the inspiration behind them!

MaryR said...

wow that first card is so beautiful - love it!

Yapha said...

Gorgeous cards! Nice fussy cutting, too. I really love the first one with the inlaid embossing.

Unknown said...

Great inspiration piece. I never would have thought to put those colors together, but your cards look fantastic.

Dawn Tidd said...

Love these cards, Martha. A fantastic inspiration piece that you did a great job with. I love the look of the embossing and I'd forgotten all about it! TFS

Tanya Boser said...

LOVE the color combo!! So elegant and trendy. I am especially drawn to the second card with the delicate flowers popping out :)

Betty said...

Both cards are so elegant...Such a striking color combo and simple lines!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty cards! Thank you for sharing them with us!

Heidi Baks said...

I dread the day this color scheme is out of fashion, because I still love it! Your 2nd card is so elegant! You are inspiring me to so stamp one!

Cindy Beach said...

The simplicity and elegance of your second card took my breath away. Love your work!

Margie Calenda said...

Fabulous texture on those first two and beautiful CAS on the second one.

Jill Coleman said...

Love how you used the photo to inspire your two projects. Great interpretation and two very different looks. The texture on the first is awesome. But, I'm a CAS girl so #2 is my favorite.

Paula said...

Love how you used that chair for inspiration. (And I really want that chair now!). Beautiful cards.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Your cards are beautiful! I love how you used the same colors and same stamp set and created 2 completely different cards!

Rita W said...

What a great inspiration. You did great to make two wonderful projects with it!