Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Gorgeous Grunge



Good M-o-r-n-i-n-g ... Stampers! It's time for another Stamp Review.  This week the Stamp Review Crew will be reviewing Stampin'Up!s Gorgeous Grunge stamp set. This can be a difficult set to use other than for backgrounds, so I'm looking forward as well to the Crew's ideas! I've paired both of my projects with the Stampin'Up! sentiment set Yippee-Skippee!

Click on the "Next" and "Previous" buttons below to see more projects and you can always visit www.StampReviewCrew.com for a complete list of the "Crew".

My first project was inspired from this Just Add Ink sketch. The color scheme is Crumb Cake, Gumball Green & Primrose Petals (which will be retiring this summer) and  Early Espresso. A couple of things that helped in making this card are  1. Stamp-a-ma-jig. This is one of those ESSENTIAL stamping tools  2. The reverse punch on the Envelope Punch Board makes a perfect corner rounder. 3. masking- you can find instructions at SplitCoast Stampers.  I masked my project so the sentiment could be stamped without having to stamp over back ground images.  Masking is also a great way to give your projects dimension.


This second project was a blast to make. The images in Gorgeous Grunge along with this sentiment from Yippee-Skippee! made me think of the 60's with all the psychedelic colors and patterns. I love this sentiment. "I Freakin' Love You!" It's just fun! This is a birthday card for my youngest son who is away at school. I think he will love it!


To create this card I took a piece of 5 1/2" square Whisper White card stock, marked the center at 2 3/4" and stamped in 6 different colors of ink around the center point. I also used masking here as well to give it a circular look instead of just a bunch of colored dots on paper. The stamping on this card is a bit messy in places, but then so were the 60's! This piece was then trimmed down to 4 1/2" square.  The base of this card is 4 3/4" square black card stock.

The circular coffee filter piece uses the "Frosted Filter" technique. You can also find the instructions here at SplitCoastStampers.


I hope you enjoyed today's projects. If you have a moment before you go, please leave a comment! I always appreciate reading what you have to say.  


And now on to Dawn Tidd"s blog, TiddBitsFromDawn where you will be treated to more great ideas!

 Dawn Tidd's blog


If you would like to revisit Mary Rindall's blog click on the "Previous Blog" button to go back.

 Mary Rindal's Blog

'Till Next Time,


Materials: All materials are Stampin'Up! unless otherwise noted.
Card #1
Stamps- Gorgeous Grunge, Yippee-Skippee!
Ink- Wild Wasabi, Early Espresso
Paper: Gumball Green & Crumb Cake card stock
Misc: In Color Dahlias, Hardware Clips Essentials, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Envelope Punch Board, 

Card #2
Stamps- Gorgeous Grunge, Yippee-Skippee!
Ink- Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point, Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi ink pads, markers and re-inkers
Paper: Whisper White and Basic Black card stock
Misc: Coffee Filter, Circles Collection Framelits, Stampin' Dimensionals

Blog Roll:
  1. Heidi Baks  runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com
  2. Cindy Beach stampspaperandink.typepad.com/
  3. Beth Beard   mylittlecraftblog.com/
  4. Adriana Benitez  escape2stamp.com
  5. Tanya Boser   tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com
  6. Debra Burgin  heartfeltinkspiration.com/
  7. Jill Coleman  jillstamps.com/
  8. Deb Currier  artfeltimpressions.blogspot.com/ 
  9. Mike Funke    stampin-style.typepad.com/
  10. Shana Gaff   stressfreestamping.blogspot.com
  11. Holly Krautkremer  rubberredneck.typepad.com
  12. Mary Rindal   maryrindal.com
  13. Martha Stewart  seasonsofstamping.com/ 
  14. Dawn Tidd   tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com
  15. Lisa Young   addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/ 
  16. Kerry Willard Bray  kerrywillardbray.com
  17. Paula Wright  paulastamps.blogspot.com/
  18. Rita Wright  ritascreations.blogspot.com/
  19. Betty Traciak kittystamps.blogspot.com
  20. Nancy Smith iguanastamp.wordpress.com

19 comments:

Beth Beard said...

Love the psychedelic colors and patterns! So retro and fun!

stressfreestamping said...

I freakin love your brightly colored card! lol Great job using this set!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous grunge pairs great with the Yippee-Skippee set! Great cards.

Dawn Tidd said...

Awesome projects! Your son will love that card, who wouldn't?

Betty said...

I love the contrast of the two cards. The first with the monochromatic theme and the second with all the wild colors!

Mike said...

I Freakin' LOVE your "Freakin' Love" card, Martha! How ingenious to create that star burst of color with that stamp. Gotta try it!

Tanya Boser said...

Yup, freakin' love is how we all have to feel about that second card! You hit that one right out of the park, my friend!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

Two such fun and fabulous cards! I am sure your son will love his!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Awesome cards Martha! I love the layout on the first one and the 2nd one is too clever!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, great cards! That frosted filter one is so fabulous and interesting. I'm not really sure what is going on (planet spitting colors? LOL), but I just love it.

Cindy Beach said...

Kudos to you, Martha, for using the set on its own and showing us how amazing it can be with just the right techniques and sentiments. Your circular dots are fabulous!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love that layout of the first card and how you were able to use just the stamp set to create your card. The second card - I LOVE! It totally speaks to the hippy in me! It's so Groovy! (I can't believe I actually used to use that word, way back when :)

Paula said...

Such fun projects with this set. Definitely feeling the grooviness of the second one.

WebDeb said...

My mind is now filled with all sorts of 60s tunes. I am feeling groovy over that card!

Carol Carriveau said...

I really like your first card...but then I saw your second one....! Absolutely fabulous...what a wonderful idea and the colors...WOW!

Deb said...

Love the pop of color from the embellishment on your first card! And what a fun technique on the second! Way cool!!

Jill Coleman said...

Martha your cards are wonderful. I especially love your "love you" card. The rainbow effect is perfect and groovy!

Anonymous said...

I love the sentiments you chose, heehee! Seriously though, the rainbow effect and technique look so colorful and fun. Just how a birthday should be :)

Rita W said...

The circular arrangement of the dots is just crazy awesome! I love it!