Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, January 27, 2014

Plain & Fancy



Today I am posting the same card in two versions. I used the stamp set En Francais for the layered backgrounds. This set has been around as long as I've been a demonstrator. It makes a beautiful background for all kinds of projects.
The Secret Garden stamp set was used to create the flowers. The flower in the first card was created in two layers and the flower in the second card was embossed in gold.  Best of Love was used for the first card's sentiment and Itty Bitty Banners was embossed for the the second card's sentiment.
  The first card has more distressing than the second and most of the edges have been sponged with Baked Brown Sugar ink
.
The second card has a bit more bling to it, though the picture may not show it.  I used the Brushed Gold card stock for the bottom layer and the Floral Frames Framelit layer. All of the stamped images were embossed in Gold. Even the Tea Lace Paper Doily got some embossing. The En Francais piece was embossed along the edges to distress it a bit.


HINT: I wanted gold embellishments so the pearls were dipped in VersaMark then into Gold Stampin' Emboss powder. It worked great!

Hope you enjoyed todays projects. Which one do you like better? If you have a moment, please leave your comments and tell me what you think. I always look forward to reading them.

Sale-a-bration begins next week. I will have the on-line catalog up tomorrow. It is a great way to get Free product for every $50 you spend. It is also a great time to join the Stampin'Up! family.


 Until next time!


Card Dimensions:
card base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
gold bottom layer: 4" x 5 1/8"
Very Vanilla layer: 1/8" less than gold layer
 angled Very Vanilla layer: 4 1/2" X 3 3/4"

Supplies:
Stamps: En Francais, Secret Garden, Best of Love, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, VersaMark, 
Paper: Very Vanilla, Baked Brown Sugar, Brushed Gold card stock
Misc: Fancy Fan & Square Lattice Embossing Folders, Floral Frames Framelits, Bitty Banners Framelits, Scallop Oval punch, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle punch,  Gold Stampin' Emboss powder, Heat tool, Stampin' Sponges, Pearl Basic Jewels, Very Vanilla & Crumb Cake Seam Binding, Paper Piercing Tool

3 comments:

Judith said...

Martha, love the cards. So vintage and I am really liking vintage these days.

Thanks for sharing and have a great dayi.

sharon said...

both cards are absolutely beautiful
I especially love the color combo

Frenchie said...

Hi Martha , it's frenchie , remember me ?
It sure is nice seeing again , where you been ? Hope your doing find ,love your card , I see you haven't lost your mojo , lol !!!!
They posted, miss seeing your projects,
Hugs frenchie ,