Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Stamp Review Crew: Chalk Talk Edition


   
     It's time to "review" another stamp set! This week the Stamp Review Crew is spotlighting Stampin'Up! Chalk Talk set. The images from this set were created to fit the Chalk Talk Framelits, 1 3/8 Circle punch and the Extra-Large Oval punch.

     I hope you are collecting lots of new ideas on ways to use this great stamp set. The Stampin' Schach was your previous stop with Ann Schach and Tiddbits From Dawn is your next stop. You can find the entire list of demonstrators at The Stamp Review Crew website.

     Both of my projects took advantage of Stampin'Up!s coordinating products. The images coordinate with the framelits and punches; the Designer Series Papers have their coordinating colors of card stock, ink and embellishments. Using Stampin'Up! products takes away the frustration of matching card materials and hoping they will go together. Stampin'Up! has done it for us!

     This first card, I used Stampin'Up!s Etcetera Designer Series paper and the coordinating ink and card stock colors of Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Night of Navy and Pool Party. This is my first time using the Envelope Liner Framelit. And I LOVE  IT!

  • Dimensions:
  • Base: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"
  • Navy Layer: 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
  • Pool Party and Very Vanilla layers were each cut 1/8" smaller than the previous layer.
  • blue DSP: 2 1/2" x 3"
  • Pool Party strip: 1/2" x 2 1/2"
  • Calypso Coral: 4 1/8" x 2 1/8"
  • Calypso Coral DSP: 4"x 2"

     My second project was inspired by an old sketch I found on Pinterest.  I used the Gingham Garden Designer Series Paper and layered each piece onto black backgrounds. It really makes the colors stand out.

  • Dimensions:
  • Card Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
  • Black base layer: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
  • green DSP: 4" x 5 1/4"
  • checkered DSP:  3 3/8" x 1 3/8"
  • black layer: 3 1/2" x 1 1/2"
  • floral DSP: 4 3/8" x 1 3/8"
  • black layer: 4 1/2" x 1 1/2"
  • Sentiment was stamped in Wild Wasabi ink and layered on a black piece cut with the Chalk Talk Framelits.

Thanks for stopping by.  Before you go, I would love to hear what you think of today's projects. If you have a moment, please leave a comment.  They are the icing to my cake and the "bling" to my card!

And now to continue on, you are off to Tiddbits From Dawn for more great ideas!

Tiddbits From Dawn



Stampin' Schach

Until next time,

Stamp Review Crew: Chalk Talk Edition Blog Roll
  1. Heidi Baks  runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com
  2. Cindy Beach stampspaperandink.typepad.com/
  3. Adriana Benitez  escape2stamp.com
  4. Tanya Boser   tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com
  5. Debra Burgin  heartfeltinkspiration.com/ 
  6. Jill Coleman  jillstamps.com/
  7. Mike Funke    stampin-style.typepad.com
  8. Shana Gaff   stressfreestamping.blogspot.com
  9. Yapha Mason   yaphamason.com
  10.  Mary Rindal   maryrindal.com/ 
  11. Ann Schach    stampinchic.com/
  12.  Martha Stewart  seasonsofstamping.com/
  13. Dawn Tidd   tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com
  14. Kerry Willard Bray  kerrywillardbray.com
  15. Paula Wright  paulastamps.blogspot.com/
  16. Nancy Smith iguanastamp.wordpress.com


16 comments:

Unknown said...

Your cards are gorgeous. I especially love the first one with the et cetera paper and the matching envelope. Great job.

Tanya Boser said...

Both of these cards are gorgeous, don't ask me to choose ;) I love that you pulled out some of the DSP from the Main Catty, it needs some love too!

Patti MacLeith said...

Love all the elements on your cards and how you have two very different looks! Good to see your work again!

Jill Coleman said...

Two clean and beautiful cards Martha. I especially love your "For You" card. Great layout and love all of the elements.

Yapha said...

Such great cards! I lve how bright and fun the Gingham Garden card is!

Dawn Tidd said...

Both of your cards are terrific! I love the DSP you used. The Gingham Garden is so "Springy" and fun. And I love the way you used the pearls on the first one!

Anonymous said...

Love your color and pattern combinations. Both cards are so fresh and clean with nice details adding an extra "somethin special". WTG!

Unknown said...

Love both cards, Martha! Wonderful inspiration, "Pal"... off to pin!

Lynn G. said...

Great job with all the layering. Perfection. The colors and DSP's you used are awesome. Love the pearls on the butterfly. Thanks so much for sharing!

Mike said...

I love the gingham card! The color/pattern combination is awesome!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Awesome cards!! I love the layouts and all the details on each one very pretty!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning cards, Martha! I LOVE the colors and the layouts!

Jessica said...

I was enjoying the first card, then the second wow'ed me. I love bright colors and the patterns made the sketch come to life. Thanks, Jess

Heidi Baks said...

The Etcetera paper is something I don't use often, so it is fun to see. I love the layout of the second card. Very nice!

Carol Carriveau said...

Both of your projects are wonderful...so different, but preferrably so! The first one seems sophisticated and the second is beautiful country!

stressfreestamping said...

I really like your layouts. The gingham papers are so fun!