Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, December 16, 2013

Stamp Review Crew Perfect Blend


I hope you enjoy this week's projects featuring Stampin'Up!s Perfect Blend stamp set. The Stamp Review Crew has put together some great projects to spark your ideas in using this set. Having just arrived from Iguanastamp, I am sure you were treated to some fun projects by Nancy Smith. 


Though I am not a frequent coffee drinker (Diet Coke is more my cup of tea), I know quite a few people who resemble this phrase once they have had that first "cup of joe".  It made sense to me to center this stamp set on the World Map Background stamp.

The card base is a 5x10" piece of Crumb Cake cardstock scored at 5". I offset the top of the scallop circle in the Circles Framelits to create the card.  The center is a 5" piece of Whisper White cardstock inked with So Saffron and Wild Wasabi ink pads. I simply wiped the ink pad gently across the paper.  The World Map stamp set was inked with Basic Gray ink and cut using the second largest circle in the Circles Framelits set. I used some of the extra map pieces to paper piece the coffee cup. 

A fun little stamp set with lots of possibilities.

Now on to Dawn's projects over at Tiddbits From Dawn! Thanks for stopping by. If I don't post before the new year, I pray you have a very Merry Christmas!


Next Blog

Previous Blog



  1. Heidi Baks  runningwscissorsstamper.blogspot.com
  2. Cindy Beach stampspaperandink.typepad.com/
  3. Beth Beard mylittlecraftblog.com
  4. Adriana Benitez  escape2stamp.com
  5. Tanya Boser   tinkerin-in-ink.blogspot.com
  6. Jill Coleman  jillstamps.com/
  7. Shana Gaff   stressfreestamping.blogspot.com
  8. Yapha Mason   yaphamason.com
  9. Mary Rindal   maryrindal.com/ 
  10. Ann Schach    stampinchic.com/
  11. Nancy Smith  iguanastamp.wordpress.com/
  12. Martha Stewart  seasonsofstamping.com/
  13. Dawn Tidd   tiddbitsfromdawn.typepad.com
  14. Lisa Young   addinkandstamp.blogspot.com/ 
  15. Kerry Willard Bray kerrywillardbray.com
  16. Rita Wright  ritascreations.blogspot.com/


Until next time,



Supplies:

Stamps: Perfect Blend, World Map
Ink: So Saffron, Wild Wasabi, Basic Gray
Paper: Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White cardstock
Misc: Circles Framelits, Petite Pennants Builder Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals

14 comments:

stressfreestamping said...

I love the scallop circle card base and you are right...the map was the perfect choice to go with it. Love it!

Tanya Boser said...

Oh, you clever girl! What a great way to play on that sentiment, and it makes a great masculine option too :)

Pops world said...

Very beautiful the map in all this card and i love the color too!! Good

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to pair it with the map - how fun! I also like how you separated the "temporarily" haha!

Heidi Baks said...

Very cute to pair the sentiment with the world map - love it!

Jill Coleman said...

Martha what a cute idea. It all works perfectly together - shape, map, "pin" - great project.

Yapha said...

Brilliant idea to use the World Map stamp with that saying!! And I love the round card, too!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely the coolest card, Martha! The saying works perfectly with this sentiment. Love it!

Dawn Tidd said...

Awesome card, Martha. I love the Scallop Circle with the world map and the sentiment…too cute!! I also like how you swiped your ink on there. Great effect!

Unknown said...

I'm a Diet Coke drinker too, but I love how you incorporated the world map stamp with the card - goes great with the saying. I also like how you separated the "temporarily". :)
-Nancy

Beth Beard said...

Love the World Map background stamp....very clever to use with the Perfect Blend! Very cute!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Adding some color to the map really made it stand out - great idea! Love the shaped card and the way you used the parts of the map for your coffee cup too.

MaryR said...

too cute! What a creative layout - love the way you made this!

Rita W said...

LOL That is me needing the coffee before I can start the day. I love the sentiment with the map background; fabulous idea!