Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, December 2, 2013

Stamp Review Crew Festive Flurry


Welcome to the inaugural Stamp Review Crew blog hop. With 16 Stampin'Up! demonstrators creating, I am sure you will see a plethera of ideas.  If you ever get lost, find a broken link or forget where you have been on the blog hop, just go to the Stamp Review Crew blog where you will find the complete list of Crew members.
Today we are "reviewing" Stampin'Up!'s Festive Flurry stamp set.  This set reminds me of Pennsylvania Dutch art.  Besides beautiful images, I love the fact that the Festive Flurry Framelits fit each snowflake.

If you came here by way of Ann Schach's Stampin Schach, I know you were treated to some amazing projects.  If you haven't been there yet make sure to click on the "previous blog" link and visit her site.
 Ann Schach's Stampin Schach festive flurry



My first project is a collage of snowflakes inked in Stampin'Up!'s Pool Party, Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo colors onto Very Vanilla card stock and backed with Island Indigo card stock.  The sentiment is from the More Merry Messages stamp set which is a carry over set from last year's Holiday Catalog and is still available.
The top layer was dry embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. 
In my mind snowflakes are sparkly, so I scattered some Rhinestone Basic Jewels on the snowflakes.


 This second card is my take on a Christmas Topiary using the same color scheme. The Festive Flurry images were inked with Bermuda Bay and Pool Party ink. The planter is punched in Island Indigo card stock using the Decorative Label punch and the Word Window punch.  
The card base is Whisper White, followed by a full layer of Island Indigo card stock and a 4"x2.5" piece of the Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper.  A 1/2"x 4 1/8" strip of the Silver Foil Sheets divides the card. 
The sentiment is embossed onto the Silver Foil, cut out with the Deco Label Framelits and tucked behind the strip. 
Up in the right hand corner I attempted to create the tips of a snowflake using the Rhinestone Basic Jewels.


Thanks for stopping by! If you have a moment, I would love to hear what you thought of today's projects. You can't imagine how satisfying and fun it was to post again!

And now on to the next stop! Another talented and sweet demonstrator and friend, Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn, I know she will treat you to more great ideas on using Festive Flurry. 

 Dawn Tidd Festive Flurry

God Bless,

Stamps: Festive Flurry(131781), More Merry Messages(126402) 
Ink: Bermuda Bay(131171), Pool Party(126982), Island Indigo(126986), VersaMark(102283)
Paper: Very Vanilla, Whisper White and Island Indigo card stock.  Winter Frost Specialty Designer Series Paper(132341). Silver Foil Sheet(132178)
Misc: Festive Flurry Framelits(132193), Deco Label Framelits(130102), Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder(117335), Decorative Label punch(120907), Word Window punch(119587), 3/16" Corner punch(119871), Rhinestone Basic Jewels(119246), White Emboss Powder(109132)

19 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

Oh my, a Christmas topiary! I love it!! I am so glad you joined the crew :)

Jen Timko said...

Love these Martha! Loving this hop, too. Looking forward to more!

Linda Callahan said...

Wowza! These are beautiful! Love all of the snowflakes in these colors,

Unknown said...

Martha, it is so good to "see" you again!!! Love the cards and am looking forward to the future hops. This is a fantastic idea!!

Unknown said...

very nice. Thank you for sharing.

Cindy Beach said...

My very favorite colors, Great projects, I love the collage look! Beautifully done.

Heidi Baks said...

Beautiful projects! I love the clean white card with the embossing!

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Beautiful cards!! You did a fabulous job!!

Dawn Tidd said...

How pretty, Martha, is that Christmas topiary?! Very clever! I also love the Polka Dot embossing folder on the first card…it just add a little more snow to the flurry! :)

Jill Coleman said...

I love the clean and simply lines of your Christmas Blessings Card Martha. And your Christmas Topiary idea is sooo creative!

Debra Burgin said...

Your first card is so "me" -- I love it! But the idea of creating a topiary with these snowflakes is amazing!

Anonymous said...

I like how you layered the stamps for your collage - very pretty.

-Nancy

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Martha, your cards are so cute! Love the way you stamped before you embossed the first card. And your topiary is darling! I am so happy I could be a part of this hop!

Ann Schach said...

Gorgeous cards, Martha! I'm glad to be stamping alongside you, my friend!

Kerry Willard Bray said...

Simply delightful! Really love the combination of the snowflakes with the embossing. Happy to be hopping with you!

MaryR said...

just gorgeous cards - love the first one and the topiary, too! great stamping - tfs!

Beth Beard said...

Both projects are lovely Martha! Great hopping with this talented group!

Rita W said...

Both of these are so lovely, Martha. I really love the layout of the first one!

stressfreestamping said...

Great projects! I love that you embossed your first background after you stamped. Great added touch to the background!