Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fun Quilting Projects

Now this is a lot of red, white and blue! My youngest daughter, Michele, learned to quilt making this with her Aunt Margaret recently. It will be going to a wounded serviceman through a quilting project my sister participated in when it's finished. Margaret had Michele lay out her pattern and sew the blocks together. It's beautiful! I am totally flabbergasted at how neatly all the pieces and corners lined up! My girls can sew and I can't!

Since I'm not much of a seamstress beyond repair and buttons, I did a bit of my own quilting; paper quilting that is. This card was inspired from a card by Ann Schach. The star pattern was made out of 1" squares adhered to a 4x4" piece of Cherry Cobbler card stock and embossed using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. The 4th of July sentiment was printed out on my computer. The hardest part of this card was getting everything lined up. Please visit my instructions on an easy way I found to do this.


I can't help you much with quilt questions but feel free to contact me with any questions you have on paper quilting.

Hope your Sunday is great!
God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps:
Ink:
Paper: Not Quite Navy(#101722), Bashful Blue(#105120), Cherry Cobbler(#119685), Very Vanilla(#101650), Sahara Sand(#121043), Blueberry Crisp Designer Series Paper(retired)
Misc: Stampin' DimensionalsZ(#104430), SNAIL(#104332)
Tools of the Trade: Big Shot(#113439), Square Lattice Embossing Folder(#119976), Small Star punch (retired)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

What a talented daughter you have! And her mom is not too shabby either :) Beautiful stuff!

Mary Fish said...

Talent runs in the family!!

Love the quilt and your card.

Hugs, M

Patti said...

Your daughter's quilt is stunning. What a wonderful thing to learn to do.

TexasGramma said...

As a quilter AND a cardmakers, your creativity is doubly appreciated.

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a fabulous quilt! And thanks for the shout out...your card looks wonderful! I can't wait to meet you at Convention!

Carla said...

What a stunning quilt!! Your card is fabulous!!! Hugs,