My sister has been visiting me, who is an avid quilter. Looking at all the beautiful quilt patterns in her magazines got me motivated to do some quilting of my own with paper. As the saying goes there is more than one way to skin a cat. Below is the method I used to put this quilt pattern together.
- The star square is a 4x4" piece of Sahara Sand card stock with 6 ~ 1" squares of Always Artichoke card stock.
- I cut the 1" squares into 12 triangles by hand using my Paper Snips.
- To keep my triangles lined up I created a guide on my cutting mat out of a 1"x8" piece of card stock and adhered it to the cutting mat with Dotto.
- I used Dotto for the 4x4" square so that I could easily move the triangles as needed. By sliding the 4x4" piece under the 1" strip I could then line up my first triangles.
- I continued to place the triangles by eyeballing it and using the guide.
- To give the square a quilted look, I embossed it with the Lattice Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.
- My Clearance Rack will be on my website July 1. I retired quite a few stamp sets, ribbon, accessories, and Big Shot items. Stop back for some great deals!