Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Origami Shirts for Father's Day

I saw these adorable shirts a number of places on the internet and had to give them a try. The first card is one we made this weekend at the Beginning Rubber Stamping & Card Making Class. This monthly class is held the first Sunday of the month from 2-4pm at my home. We had a great time and created four wonderful projects. If you live in the Melbourne, Florida area, I'd love to have you join us! Contact me for details.


Because we live in Florida, I thought it was only appropriate to have a Hawaiian type shirt. I used the new Beyond the Garden Designer Series paper available in the Summer Mini catalog.
The shirt opens up to show the Father's Day sentiment from the All Holidays stamp set. Don't miss out on this set as it will be retiring July 1! Last Chance list

Instructions to create the Origami Shirt:
Cut your paper at 4"x6". Score both long sides at 1" and along one of the short sides at 1/2".


Fold the paper to the center along the long score lines. The side showing will be the shirt design.


Fold the 1/2" score line back as shown above. Note: It is helpful to use the Bone Folder to make sharp clean creases.

Turn your paper over showing the sides folded inward. Make a mark 3/8" from the top. Fold each side in as shown above bringing the point from each side to the 3/8" mark. I used 3/8" because it gives you a sharp collar.

Bring the bottom up and tuck it under the collar as far up as it will go. Make a crease at the bottom fold line and unfold.

From the middle fold line, fold each side out as shown above to make the sleeves.

Fold the bottom up again and tuck it under the collar. Decorate with a tie or cut a small notch out to give it a more casual look.

Hope you have fun making your own shirts. I can see lots of uses for these in addition to Father's Day. Contact me know if you have any questions!
  • Summer Mini catalogs ~ If you would like one and are not presently working with a Stampin'Up! demonstrator, please contact me. I'm happy to put one in the mail to you. (US and military addresses only)
  • Last Chance Stamps & Accessories ~ Don't miss out on your favorites before they retire. Catagories include ~ Clear mount stamps, Wood Mount stamps, Accessories, Definitely Decorative and Discounted products. Note: To see the sale price on all "Discounted" products click on the individual item. Last Chance List
I hope you enjoyed today's project.
God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: All Holidays
Ink: Pacific Point
Paper: card #1-Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Regals Patterns Pack, Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper
card #2- Whisper White, Pacific Point card stock, Beyond the Garden Designer Series paper
Misc: Snail, Stampin' Dimensionals
Tools of the Trade: Bone Folder, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Big Shot

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

These are so cute! I love the pin stripes with the anchor tie! I am such a buttoned up girl!

Stampin' Mom of Four said...

Really cute! Gonna have to make one soon. I just posted a Father's Day shirt card on my blog. Take a peek when you can.

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Martha! Thanks for the instructions!

Mary Fish said...

WOW, Martha!

I've seen these shirts too, but you've taken it to another level. :)

Hugs, M

Pam~ said...

Oh, Martha, these are so cute! Love the papers that you used! I will definitely have to show my daughter this post! Thanks for the great instructions.

Anonymous said...

That is SO cute - and you make it look so easy! TFS

Margaret Moody said...

Hi Martha! I LOVE the shirts you made for your cards! They're so cute and look like a lot of fun to make! Love the bright and fun patterns, too! Hope all is well with you! Thanks for sharing!