Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Perfect Wedding Favor for PPA

This week's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is anything wedding. I love wrapping treats so I chose a favor box which is quick, easy and quite pretty!


This box is called a Petal Box. I created mine out of Vellum Card stock and embossed the Sweet Swirls standard wheel along the bottom in Silver Embossing Powder.

The sides curl around each other holding the box closed without any adhesive! I ran my Bone Folder along the edges to make it look like a flower and topped it off with a Basic Rhinestone Jewel.
  • You can find the basic box shape by googling it. I drew my pattern by hand and am having my husband recreate it in .pdf form. I will make it available as soon as he's completed it on the right side bar.

Well, that is it for today. Make sure to check out all the wedding themed projects this week at Pals Paper Arts! Give this challenge a try yourself! Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet Swirls Standard Wheet
Ink: VersaMark
Paper: Vellum
Misc: Basic Rhinestone Jewels, Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder
Tools of the Trade: Paper Snips, Heat Tool, Bone Folder

14 comments:

Martha said...

PPA- sorry this didn't post as scheduled this morning. I'm not sure what happened.

Linda Callahan said...

Mine didn't post either - and I had to just do it now! Your favor box is gorgeous!

Beth Robinson said...

This box is absolutely gorgeous...thanks for sharing!!!

Ann Schach said...

Yowza! How unique! Absolutely gorgeous!

Darlene Gabriel said...

Wow what a gorgeous favour box. The silver embossing on the vellum is stunning.

Mary Fish said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the simple details...

Hugs, M

Mike Funke said...

This is awesome, Martha! Love 3D stuff and this is so versatile. Great job!

Kim said...

Very elegant. Would look beautiful on any wedding table.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful wedding favor!

Patti MacLeith said...

Martha, this is spectacular! I never would have thought of making a box from vellum--very classy indeed!

Chris said...

Hi Martha This is an awesome box. I have looked and looked how to make this beautiful little box in Google, however, the only thing I found were some difficult measurements. It will be great if your husband would recreate it in pdf form. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! This would look great on each table or would also be a lovely way to enclose gifts for the wedding party. Beautiful!

Carla said...

Oh so beautiful Martha!!! I understand being at the crossroads. My thoughts are with you. Hugs, Carla

Karen said...

I'm just wondering if your husband has made the PDF of the wedding favors? I haven't seen it yet unless I've missed it. It's' such a beautiful box. Thanks in advance.