Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Something To Celebrate!

This flip flop wished a 9 year old Happy Birthday at her Tropical Party last night.

I didn't have a template so I traced one of my own flip flops onto paper and reduced the size on my copier. I then took my final card size and reduced it just a smidge on my copier to make the inside layer. The final card is about 8" long in Melon Mambo card stock.

To make the "thong" part, I just kept experimenting until I found the right length. I scored the two ends and adhered them to the back of the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series paper and then cut a slit using my Hobby blade and inserted the toe part through the paper.

The sentiment is from Something to Celebrate stamp set which is a Level 2 hostess set in the Mini Occasions catalog. These phrases are beautifully done and cover just about every occasion.

11 days left to take advantage of Sale-a-bration!
Place your order directly through me or easier yet, on-line here! Contact me if you have any questions!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Something to Celebrate
Ink: Pacific Point
Paper: Melon Mambo, Ice Cream Parlor Designer Series Paper
Misc: Ice Cream Parlor Button Pack, Basic Rhinestones

8 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh! This is over-the-top cute! You are such a clever woman!

Pam~ said...

Brilliant idea Martha and the end result is adorable!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a paper sculptor! How cute is that flip flop! I swapped 50 cards at Regionals yesterday - you would have been proud of me!

Patti MacLeith said...

My Gosh, Martha! This is so crafty of you! Creative lady! I'm sure she loved this and will keep it!

Linda H said...

This is too cute. My daughter wears flip flops year round (even wore them to her wedding along with her groom) so this would be a perfect card for her birthday this next weekend.

Frenchie said...

OMG.... I LOVE IT, TFS...

Carla said...

Oh Martha, your card absolutely rocks!!! I can't say enough about it. I love it and one of my all time favorites. Your creativity is awesome!!! I don't know if my tracing would fit on my scanner bed. lol Hugs,

Anonymous said...

That is too-stinkin'-cute! What an adorable, original card (and so perfect for our area, lol). TFS