Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Nicest Things


Two little girls hugging each other, how cute is that. I loved The Nicest Things stamp set the first time I saw it. It reminds me of a book I had when I was a little girl, "A Friend Is Someone Who Likes Me". I just Googled it to see if it was still around and it is! Too funny! I digress though. Today's project combines the Wednesday Sketch Challenge from SplitCoast Stampers and the Color Throwdown Challenge #131 of Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy.
  • The girls are inked in Going Gray Classic Ink which is as close to permanent as Stazon Ink and perfect for coloring without fearing the outline bleeding into your colors.
  • Use your Stazon Cleaner to clean this ink off and if you get any on your Clear Blocks make sure to clean it off well as your clear stamps may have a hard time sticking to the block otherwise.
  • I paper pieced their dresses from a small piece of Springtime Vintage Designer Series paper. Just stamp the image on the paper and cut it out!
  • The swatch under the image is a piece of our new Springtime Vintage Fabric. I LOVE the new fabrics! I cut the size I wanted out of card stock, applied the fabric using an Anywhere Glue Stick and trimmed it.
  • The sentiment is from one of my favorite new sets, You're a Gem.
  • Our new Rosettes can be colored any color using the Stampin' Write Markers - that's 44 possibilities!
The Springtime Vintage Fabric, Springtime Vintage Designer Series paper, Rosettes and You're A Gem stamp set are in our new Occasions Mini Catalog. If you would like a copy in your hands and are not presently working with a Stampin'Up! demonstrator, contact me. I am happy to put one in the mail to you!

Have a great weekend! I have my three college students coming home for Spring Break. I love it when all my beds are full again!! I'm even looking forward to the laundry~now that's a stretch for me!

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: The Nicest Things, You're A Gem
Ink: Going Gray Classic Ink, Pink Pirouette Stampin' Write Marker
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White card stock, Springtime Vintage Designer Series paper
Misc: Springtime Vintage Fabric, Basic Pearls, Rosettes
Tools of the Trade: Framed Tulips Embossing Folder, Big Shot, 1 3/8"x5/8" Oval punch, 1 3/4"x 7/8" Oval punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Stazon Cleaner, Dotto, Anywhere Glue Stick, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Tombow glue


8 comments:

Keva said...

How adorable is this? Gosh, I haven't seen that stamp set in years! I love your card. The colors look great here. Thanks for playing with us at Color Throwdown this week.

Ann Schach said...

So sweet, Martha! I love how you pieced the dresses. Have fun with the kids over break!

LeAnne said...

Very sweet, Martha! Lovely way to use the CTD colors!

Deb said...

Martha, catd is too cute. It is amazing how you do not notice a stamp set until it is illustrated! Now that I see your card, I looked at the stamp sets, and have to have them. You are the best. Keep us inspired.

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet sweet image - one sweet for each girl! Love this!

Carla said...

Oh, I love this card! I love every detail. Fabulous. Hugs,

Elizabeth said...

What a sweet card! So girly, in Blue!! I like the use of the fabric.

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable card. Love the color and materials combination and thanks for the tip on the Gray ink; I didn't know that it could stand up to coloring.