Two little girls hugging each other, how cute is that. I loved The Nicest Things stamp set the first time I saw it. It reminds me of a book I had when I was a little girl, "A Friend Is Someone Who Likes Me". I just Googled it to see if it was still around and it is! Too funny! I digress though. Today's project combines the Wednesday Sketch Challenge from SplitCoast Stampers and the Color Throwdown Challenge #131 of Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy.
- The girls are inked in Going Gray Classic Ink which is as close to permanent as Stazon Ink and perfect for coloring without fearing the outline bleeding into your colors.
- Use your Stazon Cleaner to clean this ink off and if you get any on your Clear Blocks make sure to clean it off well as your clear stamps may have a hard time sticking to the block otherwise.
- I paper pieced their dresses from a small piece of Springtime Vintage Designer Series paper. Just stamp the image on the paper and cut it out!
- The swatch under the image is a piece of our new Springtime Vintage Fabric. I LOVE the new fabrics! I cut the size I wanted out of card stock, applied the fabric using an Anywhere Glue Stick and trimmed it.
- The sentiment is from one of my favorite new sets, You're a Gem.
- Our new Rosettes can be colored any color using the Stampin' Write Markers - that's 44 possibilities!