Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, March 11, 2011

How to Catch a Leprechaun

Next week my daughter's 4th grade class is going to build Leprechaun traps. I don't know much about Leprechaun catching, never having caught one before but, I think those "crafty" Leprechaun's would like these cute treat holders. If not, I know Michele's class will!

The purse was cut out of Certainly Celery card stock and 2 shamrocks from the Got Treats stamp set were stamped on Whisper White using Garden Green Classic ink. I adhered them to the purse front and ran each side through the Big Shot using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. It gives the layer an "in laid" look. The handle was created using my new favorite Stampin'Up! product, the Tasteful Trim Die. There are so many possibilities with this die!

The milk carton was cut from the Mini Milk Carton Die in Garden Green with the same inlaid embossing technique used.

Easy and fun treat holders to make for your St. Patrick's Day celebration. If you need help planning your child's classroom celebrations, contact me, I'm here to help!

I hope you enjoyed today's project! Have a great weekend and may the luck of the Irish be with you!!

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Got Treats
Ink: Garden Green and Certainly Celery Classic ink
Paper: Certainly Celery, Garden Green and Whisper White card stock
Misc: Gold Brads
Tools of the Trade: Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Tasteful Trim Die, Big Shot, Crimper

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Martha! I think these would catch a leprechaun for sure!

Linda Callahan said...

And remember when you catch one you can't take your eyes off of him - not even to blink - or he will disappear! So stay focused and he will take you to his pot of gold! In the mean time I will help myself to these adorable treats!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how nice- gotta try. Leprechaun and the fairies gotta like this.

Anonymous said...

Heee hee, she's sure to catch one :)