Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Get Inspired for Spring with Pals Paper Arts

This week's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is an inspiration challenge using this Spring/Easter bonnet.

Now you may be wondering how this bonnet inspired this card.

I chose the woven hat as my jumping off point to create this 5x5" card.

To create the woven piece:
  1. I cut a 5" square piece of Play Date Designer Series Paper and using my scoring tool and Hobby Blade cut vertical slits 1/2" apart leaving a 1/2" border on the top and bottom of the sheet.
  2. I then took another 5" square piece of Play Date Designer Series Paper, cut it into 1/2" strips and wove the pattern you see above. I remember making place mats using this method when I was little.
  3. You can weave all sorts of designs just by changing the pattern. The one above is woven with 2 strips above and 2 strips below...
  4. The flower was created using my punches and the stem and leaves were cut from one of the Play Date sheets.
Make sure to stop by Pals Paper Arts to see what the design team came up with. Better yet, give the challenge a try yourself. There are instructions on uploading your picture on the website.

3 more weeks left of Sale-a-bration. If you would like a catalog and are not presently working with another Stampin'Up! demonstrator, contact me. I'm happy to put one in the mail to you!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed today's project. Have a great weekend!

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Word Play
Ink: Early Espersso
Paper: Real Red, Early Espresso, Tempting Turquoise and So Saffron card stock. Play Date Designer Series Paper
Misc: 1/8" Real Red Taffeta ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL
Tools of the Trade: 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, 1 1/4" Circle punch, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot



8 comments:

mmwilken said...

Always love seeing your gorgeous work on the cards. You have given me so much inspiration! Love that paper piecing with the strips. I remember doing that many, many years ago. Thanks for sharing!

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you think of such things! I could never figure out how to do this! So cute and clever!

Ann Schach said...

Love the colors, Martha! The weave is so creative!

Mary Fish said...

What a unique technique. I love the bright colors of your card. Think Spring!

Hugs, M

Anonymous said...

Love it!

Carla said...

Fabulous weaving!!! I love the look it gives your card. Your flower is fabulous, I love the layers. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Love how the design in the woven paper and how part of it stair-steps. Very cool!

Melanie C said...

Very creative Martha!!! Love the weave look. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.