Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

No, It Wasn't Run Over

My dad, a very wise man, once told me "Martha, never lose your sense of humor". I'm reminded of that today as I post another attempt at the "vintage look". My coffee spilled? It fell under my car tire? I did this on purpose?

I had fun making it and laughed out loud to myself quite a few times so, it's all good! The card is actually growing on me.

I used the Love Letter Designer Series paper which I find hard to use IMHO (in my humble opinion). The stamp set is Artistic Etchings. I pulled out my Distressing Kit and went to town with the Tea Stain, stamp block, sanding block, and sanding tools. I used it ALL! These tools give you all sorts of "distressing" possibilities.

I love the Red Glimmer paper; my "vintage bling" and the Pinking Hearts Border. And if you've never tried our Seam Binding, you have got to! It's easy to use and can easily be manipulated. You won't be disappointed.

Hope you enjoyed today's project! If you'd like to see a sample of the Seam Binding and are not presently working with another Stampin'Up! Demonstrator, contact me, I'm happy to slip some in the mail to you.

God Bless

Recipe:
Stamps: Artistic Etchings
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Tea Stain
Paper: Very Vanilla card stock, Red Glimmer paper, Love Letters Designer Series paper
Misc: Distressing Kit, Heart to Heart punch, Pinking Hearts Border punch, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Stampin' Dimensionals

9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I like it, Martha! The red glimmer paper just sets it off! The tea staining is the perfect touch!

Patti J said...

Lol...so glad that you didn't lose your sense of humor! I actually think your card is fabulous! Great job, and I love that seam binding!

Anonymous said...

ms martha , i love it, your cards are always sooo pretty, you inspire me always!

Mary Fish said...

I think you did a great job!

Hugs, M

Pam~ said...

I enjoyed reading your post and looking at your gorgeous card! Love the red and vanilla together.

Patti MacLeith said...

Martha, that is so funny because I feel that way when I try the distressed look!! I love your card!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I distress when I distress but you look like you didn't distress at all while you were distressing - I love it!

Anonymous said...

I gotta comment too! I really love the whole thing! Everything just clicked into place and love the distressing! I love your blog for your stories too. I could see doing something similar with different colors and other fun stuff. Great inspiration! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Chris R. from Iowa

Carla said...

Martha, I love your card!!! I love those layers and the glimmer paper adds such an awesome modern touch. Its just perfect to me. Hugs,