Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, February 28, 2011

My Round Mojo!

Monday always brings a new sketch at MojoMonday. Today's sketch had a round or square option. I think this is the first round card I've made.

I used my Big Shot and the Scallop Circle die and placed a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base over it with the card fold just below the top of the die. To make the two circle layers I used my Circle Scissors Plus. I have to say at first I was frustrated with this tool but now that I've used it over and over, I can't imagine an easier way of making a variety of nested circles.

I mixed the Botanical Gazette Designer Series paper, the Nature Walk and Your a Gem stamp sets to make this card. And I have to say, I'm pleased as punch how it turned out. It has a kind of "hodge podge" look!

Sale-a-bration is still in full swing through the end of March. There are a lot of FREE items to choose from. Along with what is in the Sale-a-bration catalog, here's a list of the Sale-a-bration stamp sets available in the 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog. A demonstrator friend of mine, Lisa Aarhus at Polka Dots and Paper, put this together. Thank you Lisa!

If you would like a copy of the new Mini Occasions and Sale-a-bration catlaogs and are not presently working with another Stampin'Up! demonstrator, contact me. I'm happy to put them in the mail to you!

Thanks for stopping by!
God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Nature Walk and You're a Gem
Ink: Not Quite Navy and Always Artichoke Classic Ink
Paper: Botanical Gazette Designer Series paper, Always Artichoke and Not Quite Navy card stock
Tools of the Trade: Clear Block C, Big Shot, Scallop Circle Die, Circle Scissor Plus, 1 1/4" Circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, Scallop Edge Border, Paper Snips, Victoria Crochet Trim, Very Vanilla Seam Binding, Mini Library Clips, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals


6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Martha! I love how the punched circles accentuate the round shape of the card!

Linda Callahan said...

I think round cards are hard to do - you did a great job! I am trying to think of a swap for Regionals but no ideas yet - who's gonna help me swap?????

Patti MacLeith said...

So beautiful! I love how you highlighted Mr. Butterfly by cutting him out in a circle. The ribbon and lace together is a great idea and so different.

Carla said...

This is beautiful, Martha. I love thoe colors and your details are fabulous. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

I love what you have done with this. I acutally love making scalloped circle cards and do quite a few. Your card is lovely Martha, Marls

Mary Fish said...

Great use of the sketch!

I especially love how you used the butterfly image.

Hugs, M