Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, January 27, 2011

All Tied Up With a Bow for Pals Paper Arts

I'm honored to be the Featured Artist for this week's Pals Paper Arts challenge! And the challenge is.....Clean & Simple tied up with a Bow!

I chose the new stamp set Eat Chocolate available in the new Occasions Mini catalog. I love the sentiment because really, good friends and chocolate rate up there pretty high on the "happy" list of many women. I know they do for me!

This card is quick and easy; colorful but with not too much detail. I love the crisp look the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder gives the pieces. The 1 1/4" Daffodil Delight ribbon makes the perfect bow for this card!
  • HINT: How much ribbon does it take to make a bow? Wrap your ribbon 2 1/2 times around the card. That's how much you will need to tie a bow around your card.

Thanks for stopping by! Before you leave, I'd love to know what you thought of today's project! And make the most out of Stampin'Up!s biggest promotion of the year, Sale-a-bration. Click here for details.

Stop by Pals Paper Arts to see what the PPA Design Team came up with. I'm sure we will be "bowed" over. Ok enough of that! Give the challenge a try yourself and see what you can come up with!

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Eat Chocolate
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Crumb Cake, Concord Crush, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight, and Wild Wasabi card stock
Misc: 1 1/4" Striped Daffodil Delight ribbon, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, 1 3/4" Circle punch, Five Petal Flower punch, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Stampin' Dimensionals

11 comments:

Carla said...

I love blue and yellow!!! Your card is fabulous. I love it. Hugs,

None None said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the pop of yellow on the blue and thanks for the tip on the length of ribbon needed.

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card! I love your colors, the polka dot embossing, and especially how you created the flower - sooo cute!

Pam~ said...

Martha, this is such a pretty card! Your bow really puts it over-the-top along with all your embossing.

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful bow, Martha! I love the texture and the colors!

Linda Callahan said...

Love the colors and that yellow bow against the blue is wonderful! This is so pretty - you are a fabulous guest artist!

Patti MacLeith said...

Bodacious bow, Martha! You did good!

Mary Fish said...

What a FRESH color combo!!

That chocolate image fits perfectly in the center of your flower.

Hugs, M

Kathy said...

Martha, I love the bow you used on your card -Thnaks for the hint on how to measure the ribbon the right size for the card :-)

Kim said...

OYE, I totally missed the CAS part of the challenge this week LOL! Awesome card Martha, love this color combo, theres something about navy and yellow that sings spring to me and we are buried up here in snow, so the thought is wonderful!

Stef Perry said...

Love your color choices! Not only is your card delightful, it's nice to see the underused (at least in my card making LOL!) Concord Crush on display. Love that gorgeous bow.