Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Pals Paper Arts Featured Artist


Today's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is an Inspiration Challenge using this picture. So what inspired me? - the frosty, winter scene; the mix of white and off whites; the layout; the delicate jewelry.


Now if you were to look at me on most any day you wouldn't see much jewelry or bling on me except my wedding ring. I believe I repel jewelry! I remember I dated a boy in high school whose parents owned a jewelry store so I frequently received jewelry. No matter how careful I tried to be the piece would always get bent up. scratched, nicked, or damaged somehow! I more than once remember the lectures I would get from the dad on how to take care of jewelry. I have a jewelry box that has a line of very nice rings that I've knocked the stones out of!
All this to say I usually steer clear of bling or it steers clear of me!

But now I'm a Stampin'Up! Demonstrator and I have Embossing Powders, Smooch Spritzes, Rhinestomes and Pearls! Everything a girl could want to gliterize and "bejewel" herself. When I was done with the project, believe me I was sparkling!

I copied the picture layout and divided a piece of 4" x 5 1/4" into the different blocks. My base card and blocks are Shimmery White card stock. It is a beautiful off white with hints of glitter throughout the paper. Each block was layered over a piece of Brushed Silver card stock.

From left to right and top to bottom is the sentiment from Word Play stamp set. I embossed half of the sentiment using a mixture of White, Silver, and Dazzling Diamonds Stampin'Up! Embossing powder. The mixture doesn't give you a solid embossed image but more of a speckeled, shimmery one. This block got a bit of extra glitz with the 3 different sized Basic Rhinestones.

The next block uses a little image from Style Beautiful inked in Going Gray and embellished with Basic Rhinestones. It looks like a pair of earrings to me.

The third, tall block is from Delightful Decorations stamp set embossed again in the mix of powders. The Basic Rhinestones come with a couple rows of gems attached together making it easy to create the ornament hanger.

The bottom left block was dry embossed using the Petals-a-plenty Embossing Folder and then spritzed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.

The last block uses one of the Itty Bitty Punch Pack punches. Each flower has a Basic Pearl center. I've attached them all using Tombow Glue or Glue dots to a 3/4" Circle making a bouquet!

I hope you enjoyed today's project. It was a lot of fun to create! Give the inspiration challenge a try and create a project inspired by this picture. To see more projects visit the design team at PPA.

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your thoughts on the project. Leave a comment before you go!

Recipe: All Stampin'Up! product
Stamps: Word Play, Style Beautiful, Delightful Decorations
Ink: VersaMark, Going Gray
Paper: Shimmery White card stock, Brushed Silver card stock
Misc: Basic Rhinestones and Pearls; White, Silver, Dazzling Diamonds Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Itty Bitty Punch Pack, 3/4" Circle punch, Tombow, Glue Dots, Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Big Shot

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Martha this card is fantastic, and what a clever way to do a layout based on the challenge.

Great Job!

Ann Schach said...

So beautiful, Martha! Unique and creative! I love the layout, and each section of the collage!

Cards by Gina said...

What a wonderful card, Ms. Featured Artist! Terrific take on the photo! I love it!

Mary Fish said...

silver and white . . . gorgeous. love all the pretty elements (like the inspiration photo). thanks for being this week's PPA guest designer. hugs, M

Carla said...

Beautiful!!! I love your layout and every detail. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Excellent! Beautiful design and lovely in whites!

Pam~ said...

Woohoo Ms. Featured Artist, your card is stunning! Love all the bling and embossing you added!

Patti MacLeith said...

FANTASTIC idea to divide the card! I love your collage effect and how sparkly the card looks. I loved your funny jewelry story, too!

Anonymous said...

Featured Artist - Go You! The card is beautiful! The layout is so cool, the card is tres chic and you do bling very well ;)

TrishG said...

What a Beautiful card and I love how it looks like the inspiration photo. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

wow this is so beautiful, you very well could be the real Martha Stewart out of the two, lol.

Linda Callahan said...

What a terrific idea - love the montage of images and techniques! Beautiful result!

Dawn said...

Martha,
i love this card! Very nicely done! My first thought on the object you thought were earrings was "Wow" look at the angels made out of flowers!"
I love it when people look outside the box!

Patti said...

Such a beautiful card - great design, great color usage, love the bling. Super!

Debra Booe said...

Such an exquisite card, Martha! Each element stands beautifully on its own, but together - magic! One of my favorites ever!
Debra

Leonie said...

Wow! THis card is a true beauty!