Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fabric Meets Fancy Favor Die for Pals Paper Arts

This week's challenge for PPA is to use ribbon or fabric on your card. Well I used fabric but, not on a card.
For today's project, Fancy Favor Die meets Deck the Halls Designer Fabric. I cut the Fancy Favor Die out of card stock and fabric at the same time. After applying adhesive to the card stock I layered the fabric on top. I closed the box up with Tombow glue.


The fabric flowers were created using the Circle Die and linen thread. Well, the box was finished but, it needed something. hmmm..

It was then that I found my Champagne Chunky Glitter! I now love Chunky Glitter! I lined the edges of the box and flowers with Crystal Effects and sprinkled the glitter on top. Sticks like a charm.

The tag is from Perfect Punches stamped in Always Artichoke and Cherry Cobbler. And of course I had to add some more Chunky Glitter!

So that is it for today! I hope you enjoyed the project. I appreciate your comments and would love for you to leave one before you go. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me. Make sure to stop by the PPA blog and see what amazing creations the design team came up with!

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Perfect Punches
Ink: Always Artichoke & Cherry Cobbler Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Very Vanilla
Misc: Deck the Halls Designer Fabric, Fancy Favor Die, Big Shot, Circle Die, Scallop circle punch, Linen Thread, Crystal Effects, Champagne Chunky Glitter, Antique Brads, Tombow Glue, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

13 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely - and the glittery edge is perfect!

Mary Fish said...

I'm with Linda on the "glittery edge." I'm amazed at what you did with fabric. You took the challenge to the wall. Beautiful. Hugs, M

Pam~ said...

Wow, this is gorgeous! Way to rock this challenge!

Ann Schach said...

Yowza! This is fabulous, Martha! Those flowers are the perfect touch!

Patti MacLeith said...

Pizzazz! I love it, Martha. I recently did some experimenting with a favor die. It did not come out as well as yours! I must keep trying!

Lisa said...

What a great idea. It's gorgeous! I bought some of the fabric but haven't used any of it yet. I think I may just give this a try!

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so pretty! The fabric really kicks it up!

Carla said...

Oh Martha, I love it. The flower and glitter really set it off. Gorgeous!!! Hugs, Carla

Hands On said...

Love this. You used the fabric in a fantastic way. And the glitter is the perfect touch.

Stampin' Diva said...

Such a beautiful way to use the fabric. I love it. The chunky glitter was a great accent. Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!!!

Mary Fish said...

congrats on being a ppa pick . . . i had a suspicion you might be after seeing you used fabric vs. ribbon. brave girl. beautiful results. hugs, m

Elin K. said...

I saw this on PPA and had to pop over to thank you for sharing. I'ts lovely and such a great idea, too!

Ann Schach said...

Congrats on your PPA Pick, Martha! Woo hoo!