Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Cardinal Christmas Inspiration

I'm a bit late to the challenge. I've had pieces to this card on my desk all week and am finally getting to put them all together! Last week's challenge at Pals Paper Arts was an inspiration challenge using the picture below. It is a gorgeous picture with lots of Very Vanilla and splashes of Gold, Rich Razzleberry, and Perfect Plum. These are the colors I put together to create my card.

A Cardinal Christmas was my stamp set of choice. It's a new set for me and I love the cardinal image.
The picture doesn't show it well but I added a small amount of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds to the leaf and branch edges. Here's what I've found with Crystal Effects it works great with glitter! I want glitter to stay where I've placed it and Crystal Effects does the trick.

I hope you enjoyed today's project. For a list of supplies, see the recipe below. BIG reminder: the Simply Amazing Starter kit promotion has 11 days left! Contact me if you need more information on the contents of the two Starter Kits (Standard and Digital). Click here for the promotion details.

Have a great day and God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: A Cardinal Christmas
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, VersaMark
Paper: Very Vanilla, Rich Razzleberry, Perfect Plum, Brushed Gold
Misc: Basic Rhinestones, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects, Scallop Trim Border, Corner Rounder, Small Oval punch, Modern Label punch, Big Shot, Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder

4 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Beautiful, Martha! I hadn't really noticed this set before. You make me want it!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Martha! I love the layout and the colors you selected to represent the insnpiration photo!

Carla said...

Your card is amazing!!! I love all the details, esp that embossing. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card and use of the color challenge. Love how you used the same edge punch with two different colors; unique and oh so pretty!