Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, October 22, 2010

Space Coast Rubber And Paper ~ Tomorrow



Tomorrow from 10am-noon SCRAP, Space Coast Rubber & Paper, will meet at my home. If you would like to attend or need more information please contact me. You can also read more about SCRAP here and about this month's projects here.

One of my customers and SCRAP member has asked me repeatedly if we could do some scrapbooking. To be honsest, scrapbooking is not one of my strengths and I was a bit over whelmed as I tried to figure out how to handle this request.

After much delay, I finally just dove in and ladies we will either sink or swim tomorrow! We will be using layouts from PageMaps, a wonderful site with tons of ideas for scrap book layouts of many sizes as well as card and tag lay outs! I've got a layout folder put together for each of you and will have extras for anyone who can come at the last minute.

Today's project was created from a PageMaps layout using primarily retired Stampin'Up! paper. I also pulled in the Big Shot Dies and border punches to dress the pages up. The thin strips of the Sweet Pea Designer Series paper is what's left after you use the Scallop Edge Border punch. A great way to tie your pages together.

The title was done using My Digital Studio printed on Vellum cards stock. The other journaling was done using the Top Note and the new Decorative Label punch.

I did learn one important thing. Don't take all your pictures in a landscape direction; turn your camera and take vertical pictures as well (or cut up your pictures into some different sizes).

I'd love to hear your tips for making great scrap book pages. Share your favorites in the comment section below!

Have a great weekend!
God Bless,

Recipe:
Paper: Ruby Red, Old Olive, Sahara Sand, and Vellum card stock, retired Barely Bannana, Taken With Teal and Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper
Misc: Dotted Scallop Ribbon punch, Scallop Edge punch, Decorative Label punch, Big Shot, Top Note, Little Leaves Sizzlit, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, My Digital Studio software, SNAIL, Tombow, Stampin' Dimensionals

1 comments:

Jessica said...

I think the page layout is terriffic! (Or how ever you spell it) I think you'll do a fine job. Scrapping is just like making a card, only bigger and with pictures! Using Page Maps is a great idea. They'll get you started. Have fun!