Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Introducing Stampin'Up!'s New Designer Fabric


Memo Board created using Deck the Halls Designer Fabric

The new Designer Fabric from Stampin'Up! is beautiful but, if you lack sewing skills as I do, it presents a challenge. Today's project was created by recycling an old memo board of my daughter's (she says she has out grown High School Musical & Troy) and my glue gun. I think I found this memo board in the clearance isles of our local WalMart for a few dollars.

After removing all but the old cover I cut my Deck the Halls fabric and adhered it using the glue gun. I used the Chantilly and Victoria Crochet Trim for my ribbon trim stapling them to the board where they crossed and adhering the ends to the back with the glue gun. The embellishments are Paper Daisies dyed in Riding Hood Red ink and a bit of alcohol and pearls from the retired Pretties Kit which is still available in the Clearance Rack under "Shop Now". To the back I attached a piece of butcher block paper covering all the gluing I did and then attached a picture hanger. Viola!

I hope you enjoyed today's project! Contact me if you have any questions. Don't forget to check out the Clearance Rack on my Stampin'Up! website under "Shop Now". There are still tons of bargains to be had!!

God Bless,


Recipe:
Stampin'Up! Materials
Ink: Riding Hood Red Re-Inker
Misc: Deck the Halls Designer Fabric, Chantilly & Victoria Crochet Trim, Paper Daisies, Pretties Kit (retired)
Non-Stampin'Up!: Memo Board, Glue Gun, Stapler, Butcher Block Paper

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a neat idea, Martha! Great inspiration for those of us who do not sew!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love this! What a great idea! And since there is no sewing involved, it might even get done ;)

Diana Carr said...

Great idea, love it (especially the no sew part)

Carla said...

Martha your no-sew project is gorgeous! I can't wait to use some that fabric. Hugs,

Patti said...

What a great idea. And it seems pretty easy to do. Thanks for sharing it with us.