Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dahlia Fold For a Friend

Dahlia Fold

I was asked to make a card for a friend of mine in a nursing home. I wanted something bright, big, and easy to see. I found the Dahlia Fold instructions on SplitCoast Stampers to make what I think is the perfect card for her. This is my first time making the Dahlia Fold so you know it must be fairly simple! Instead of making the full medallion I chose to make flower buds using only 1 to 3 circles per bud. I fit the buds around some retired Stampin'Up! Rub-ons I have. The sentiment comes from the new Word Play stamp set.

Reminder: There are still quite a few retired rub-ons in the Clearance Rack at greatly discounted prices! I love our rub-ons. You can find the Clearance Rack on my Stampin'Up! website under "Shop Now"

And speaking of the Clearance Rack here is a great find ~ The Simply Sent Card Kit ~ For You Phrases.

It's was available in last year's catalog and is now only $16.95!
  • How about introducing your friends to card making with this great kit!
  • It makes 10 cards of two different designs
  • and leaves you with 6 different images and 2 ink spots! You can't beat that! I think I just talked myself into a couple of gifts!


Have a great weekend and thank you for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed today's project! You can find the full list of supplies I used in the recipe below. Contact me if you have any questions!


God Bless,
Uses all Stampin'Up! products
Recipe:
Stamps: Word Play
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Poppy Parade and Peach Parfait Card Stock, Sunny Garden Designer Series paper, Woodland Walk Designer Series paper
Misc: Big Shot, Scallop Circle #2, Bitty Buttons, Two-Step Owl punch, Tombow Glue, Bone Folder, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Love & Happiness Rub-ons (retired)

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I've used that fold a couple of times,but never knew what it was called. Thanks for the info! The card is just right. I'm sure she enjoyed or will enjoy it. When I make cards for my mom, who's 90, I try to use big and bright pieces too. This is lovely. I may try something like this for her next card. Thanks

Ann Schach said...

Perfect card, Martha! Big, bright and beautiful!

Carla said...

Love your flower buds. I just don't have the patience to make the entire flower... I will do these. Would of never thought of it. Thank you dear Martha. Your card is so beautiful!!!