Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Stampin' on Tissue Paper

The technique I used for today's card is called "Faux Silk". Here is a link to the SplitCoast Stampers tutorial. In a nutshell, you stamp your image on a piece of tissue paper, crumple it into a little ball, un-crumple it, and glue it to card stock using the Anywhere Glue Stick. You end up with a very soft "crumpled" look. Before I crumpled the tissue paper, I did all the coloring except for applying the Dazzling Diamonds. I added the sparkle to the holly berries after I glued my tissue paper down. I used small dots of Crystal Effects and Dazzling Diamonds to give it "sparkle".


Stampin'Up!'s new Christmas Collage, available in the Holiday Mini catalog, is a beautiful vintage looking stamp. It's a large stamp with an image size of 4 1/2 x 5 3/4" much like our background stamps. It easily trims down to a standard card size without taking a lot away from the collage.

Today's project is an unusual size 4 3/4" by 5 1/2". I wanted to show as much of the collage as possible. My color pallet was Garden Green, Always Artichoke, and Cherry Cobbler. The coloring was done using Blender Pens and ink.

Thanks for stopping by! Please contact me if you have any questions on today's project. The complete list of supplies is below. You can view the complete Holiday Mini catalog in the right side bar and if you would like to have one in your hands contact me, I'd be happy to put one in the mail for you.

God Bless,


Project Uses All Stampin'Up! Products (except tissue paper)
Recipe:
Stamps: Christmas Collage, Bells and Boughs
Ink: Always Artichoke, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Black
Paper: Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Tissue Paper
Misc: 1 3/4" Circle punch, Photo Corners punch, Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, Blender Pens, Anywhere Glue Stick, SNAIL, Stamp-a-ma-jig

3 comments:

Karen McAlpine said...

Love that stamp! Great idea to stamp on tissue. I have to try it!

Patti MacLeith said...

Beautiful! I wanted to try this, but haven't gotten to it yet!

Cards by Gina said...

Beautiful card and your coloring is exquisite! Thanks for sharing all about faux silk. I love it!