Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pals Featured Artist & Day of Gratitude

Today's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is a sketch challenge. Check out the sketch and all the great creations by the design team here and play along!

I chose Stampin'Up!s Day of Gratitude stamp set available in the new Holiday Mini Catalog for the challenge. I also choose to use a lot of different textures in creating this card.

The leaves were stamped onto Stampin'Up!s beautiful Textured Card Stock and then cut out. The Top Note Die was used to give me a frame which I dry embossed using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I also snuck in a small piece of Early Espresso underneath the frame which was embossed using the Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder.

I needed an embellishment to tie a few of the leaves together so, I made my own. This you could do with most any image. I stamped the acorn onto Textured Card stock, cut it out, and applied Crystal Effects on top. When It dried I had a 3-D acorn!

I hope you enjoyed today's PPA Challenge. See the recipe below for a complete list of supplies used. Feel free to contact me with any questions regarding this project. Thanks for stopping by.

God Bless,


All Stampin'Up! Products
Recipe:
Stamps: ( WM-Wood Mount, CM-Clear Mount) Day of Gratitude CM
Ink: Early Espresso Classic Ink
Paper: Early Espresso Plain and Textured, Kiwi Kiss, Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard, Bravo Burgundy Textured Card Stock
Misc: Big Shot, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Top Note Die, 1 1 /4" Striped Early Espresso Ribbon, Crystal Effects, Linen Thread, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL, Paper Snips

12 comments:

Carla said...

Such a beautiful card!!! Love all the layers and texture. Hugs,

Pam~ said...

Hello Featured Artist! Your card is gorgeous and festive! Love the the texture and leaves! Have a great day!

Ann Schach said...

Stunning, Martha! Such a creative twist on the sketch! Congrats on being the Featured Artist!

Linda Callahan said...

Just beautiful Martha! Wonderful fall look with great texture and layers!

Mary Fish said...

Glorious. Love the snipped leaves and stems. Thank you for being our Featured Artist. I always enjoy your work! Hugs, M

Anonymous said...

Oh, wow! Gorgeous! Love the different layers of texture, very clever! And of course the leaves and acorns are beautiful...and likely the only ones I'll see this year ;)

Peggy said...

Love the way you used the wide ribbon and made it "unwide". Clever!

Regina Mangum said...

Martha, this is gorgeous! I love what you did with that ribbon...brilliant! XOXO

Patti MacLeith said...

Love how you double-embossed the background! Genius and the effect goes well with the fall theme.

Kim said...

Wow - all that texture, perfect for the fall! I love how you interpreted the sketch too with the top note!

Patti said...

I like all the textures on this card. Using the Crystal Effects adds just a little more punch to those acorns. TFS

Unknown said...

This is my favorite of all. I love the textured effect and the beautiful colors....
Cathy