Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, August 2, 2010

Stampin'Up! Tropical Party for End of Summer Luau





In our county it's time to get ready for school. Public school starts August 9th but, it still feels like summer. To help make the transition from summer to school a bit easier, why not host an End Of Summer/Back to School Luau. Make sure to include some of those school friends your child hasn't seen all summer. As the luau moves indoors make sure to plan a Stampin'Up! craft that they can use for school. Get the excitement mounting!

My August newsletter is all about Back-to-School. Make sure to sign up in the left side bar. I'm putting the finishing touches on it and hope to have it out tomorrow or Wednesday.

Today's project is an invitation for my daughter, Michele using today's Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I combined the Island Oasis Designer Series paper with the coordinating colors, Old Olive, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, and So Saffron. The invitation was done using My Digital Studio.

The waves were sketched out and cut using my favorite Stampin'Up! tool, the Paper Snips. I also used them to paper piece the coconut drink together. The flower was punched using the Fancy Flower Extra Large punch, and the leaves from the Island Floral Bigz Die. And... the border strip across the middle is from the new Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border. This is the first time I've used it and I LOVE it! It is so simple and clean to use!

See the recipe below for the supplies I used. There's still a lot of summer left for many of you! If you'd like to put together your own luau invitations contact me. I'm happy to help you put your order together. If you have any questions regarding today's project don't hesitate to contact me.

Have a great day!

God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: Tropical Party
Ink: Soft Suede, Rose Red, Crumb Cake
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Rose Red, Whisper White card stock, Island Oasis Designer Series paper
Misc: Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads, Paper Snips, Fancy Flower Extra Large punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Corner Rounder punch, Island Floral BizZ Die, Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Mat Pack, Stampin' Dimensionals

6 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Such a great summer card! I love "the wave"!

Anonymous said...

ok..I love the card but did you really have to say...

End of summer! LOL

Cards by Gina said...

Love, love, love your card! Those waves are wonderful! I can't believe it's time to go back to school already!

Mary Fish said...

Aloha! I'm digging those waves. What fun! Hugs, M

Carla said...

Such a fun, fun card!!! Love the waves too. Hugs,

Dori Shelton said...

You know this is my first time visiting your blog and when I saw the name, I totally had to scroll back up and look at your profile! LOL!!
This card is great. It's so bright and cheerful. I love the wave effect on the bottom.