Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Christmas In August with Stampin'Up!s Come to Bethlehem

I'm participating in a Christmas swap with other Stampin'Up! demonstrators and wanted to share one of my cards with you. This is my first time using the Come to Bethlehem stamp set. I just love the silhouette image of the wise men and Bethlehem! I pulled the palm tree from the Tropical Party stamp set (available through the end of August in the Summer Mini catalog). The whole picture fits perfectly inside the Oval Scallop Frame Die.


I used Crumb Cake card stock for the card base and Elegant Eggplant for the frame and the Come to Bethlehem images. The frame was textured using the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. I cut the frame first and then ran it through the Big Shot. Very Vanilla was used for the scene and the palm tree. The palm tree was inked in Early Espresso and Garden Green Classic ink. The star was inked in Daffodil Delight with a Fire Square Rhinestone brad to top it off. Viola!! Merry Christmas!

It's never to early to start your Christmas cards! There are only 144 days left until Christmas Day!! If you'd like to get started early, contact me, I'd love to help you.
Recipe:
Stamps: Come to Bethlehem (clear mount), Tropical Party (clear mount)
Ink: Elegant Eggplant Classic ink, Daffodil Delight, Early Espresso, Garden Green Stampin' Write Markers
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant card stock
Misc: Big Shot, Oval Scallop Frame Die, Square Lattice Embossing Folder, Fire Square Rhinestone brads, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Martha! So elegant!

Mary Fish said...

wonderful how you incorporated the oval frame to surround the scenery . . . very well done. hugs, m

Cards by Gina said...

Stunning card! Love that palm tree! Perfect Floridian touch! :)

Carla said...

Very pretty Martha, love how you did the frame too. Great card! Hugs,