Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Stampin'Up! Holiday Mini Sneak Peek!


SplitCoast Color Challenge 284 - Always Cherry Pink

I've been playing with the new Distressing Essentials kit Stampin'Up! put out this summer. I'm having loads of fun. There are 4 ink pads (3 colors), 3 files - and I don't mean an emery board these are miniatures of ones you would see in your husband's tool kit. There is an emery board, a sanding block and a stamp. All of these tools bring a different distressed effect to your projects. Put it on your wish list; I don't think you will be disappointed. I'd love to learn more about distressing projects. If you know of classes available in Central Florida or on line contact me please!

Today's Color Challenge at Splitcoast was the combination Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, and Pretty in Pink. When I put these together I thought of Christmas right away and some of the new products coming out in the Holiday Mini catalog on September 1.

You get a sneak peek of two new items, Deck the Halls Designer Series paper and Bells & Boughs stamp set. This paper and stamp set bring back images of Christmases when I was in elementary grade. I guess that makes me "vintage"!!

Bear with me as I'm stilling learning the "vintage look". I roughed up a lot of edges and curled some using the Precision Files from the Distressing Essentials kit. I also used the Tea Stain from the kit on the sentiment and on the image piece. The poinsettias and pine boughs were inked in Always Artichoke onto Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla. The poinsettias were then colored with Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Markers, Cherry Cobbler and Pretty in Pink Classic Ink and Blender Pens. I distressed the flowers a bit before adhering them to the card with a bit of Tea Stain and the files.

I will keep experimenting with the vintage look. I hope you enjoyed today's project.
Don't miss out on the Holiday Mini catalog, September 1! If you don't already have a Stampin'Up! demonstrator, contact me. I'm happy to put you on my mailing list and send you the catalog when it goes live!

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Bells & Boughs (Holiday Mini)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Always Artichoke, Stazon Black, Pretty in Pink
Paper: Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Deck the Halls Designer Series paper (Holiday Mini)
Misc: Distressing Essentials

4 comments:

Cards by Gina said...

Whoa! I'm loving this card! Just gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

Love that sentiment! Beautiful!

Bali villas said...

lovely cards..very creative..

Carla said...

Such a beautiful card Martha. Love that torn edge, too!!! Hugs,