Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, August 23, 2010

Stained Glass Technique with Stampin'Up! Bells & Boughs

Stained Glass Window Technique Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers

Today's Technique Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers was a lot of fun. Called the Stained Glass Window Technique, you stamp your image onto acetate using Stazon Black ink and color it using glitter. I used Stampin'Up! Window Sheets for my acetate.

Turn your image over to the back side. Using Stampin' Glitter and a 2-Way Glue pen apply one color at a time. When you are done turn it over and you have a stained glass look.
  • HINT: To make sure my glitter didn't fall off I applied Crystal Effects to the back of the image. I could then easily apply a glue dot and attach it to my card.

This technique is just fun! Beate Johns has a tutorial over at Splitcoast if you need more instructions. Contact me if you have any questions!

Don't miss out on the Holiday Mini catalog, September 1! If you don't already have a Stampin'Up! demonstrator,contact me. I'm happy to put you on my mailing list and send you the catalog.

God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: Bells & Boughs (Christmas Mini catalog)
Ink: Stazon Black ink
Paper: Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler, Deck the Halls Designer Series paper (Holiday Mini catalog), Window Sheets Medium
Misc: Fine Cosmo and Fine Galaxy Stampin' Glitter, 2-Way Glue Pen, 1/8" Real Red Taffeta Ribbon, 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punch, Wide Oval punch, Silver Stampin' Emboss powder, Heat Tool, Glue Dots, Crystal Effects

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

The sparkle effect is just wonderful! And I love the ribbon tied up like a package - great touch!

Patti MacLeith said...

So very pretty, Martha!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! This is awesome, Martha! You have inspired me to try this technique!

lisa808 said...

So pretty.

Susan J Carlson said...

Martha,

Thank you for introducing me to that technique. Chuncky glitter is on my list to purchase. I'll have to try it. I like how you added the ribbon.

Susan J.Carlsom said...

I meant "chunky."

Carla said...

Beatiful card, I love that technique and glitter. So cool!!! Hugs,

Lori A. said...

I LOVE it!! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

Such a pretty card

Mary Fish said...

Never would have thought of this . . . . flip over for stained glass. Wonderful job and thanks for sharing. Hugs, M