Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hello Hurricane Earl, Farewell Tropical Party!


Color Challenge at Splitcoast Stampers, CC286
Mustard Mambo Breezes

The end of summer in Florida is always an interesting time. Tropical storms and hurricanes are often lurking off our coast. For many of us, it is a time to keep our ears and eyes on the news for any changes. For the surfing community it's time to hit the beach.

Right now we have Hurricane Earl moving up the Atlantic. I know a group of college boys who are anxiously waiting for Friday so they can head home, ...to see their parents of course. Honestly it is the predicted 10-15 foot swells headed our way that are enticing them home. But I will take it none the less. Of course they wish no ill will on any place that might get hit by Earl, like Puerto Rico. They just want it close enough to bring in the waves.

My project today is for those boys at University of Florida who have the surf report on their computer 24/7 right now. I wanted to use Stampin'Up!s Tropical Party stamp set one more time before the Summer Mini catalog ends. You have through today to purchase Stampin'Up! product from the Summer Mini Catalog. Contact me or order online at my Stampin'Up! website.

Today's color challenge is More Mustard, Melon Mambo, & Baja Breeze; interesting combination. My beach and waves were "hand did" as a friend of mine says out of Baja Breeze and More Mustard card stock. The waves have some added Whisper White ink sponged on and both have touches of the Champagne Shimmer Paint. The background uses the Color Spritzer Tool and Baja Breeze Stampin' Write Marker. (Ann Schach gave me the courage to "spritz" my cards!)

The double-straw drink is for my husband and I. We will be watching the activity from the safety of the beach this weekend.

  • The Holiday Mini Catalog goes live tomorrow! Don't miss out. If you don't already have a Stampin'Up! demonstrator,contact me. I'm happy to put you on my mailing list and send you the catalog.
God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Tropical Party, Trendy Trees
Ink: Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze, More Mustard Classic Ink, Whisper White Craft ink
Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze card stock, More Mustard Textured Card stock
Misc: Word Window punch, Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Color Spritzer Tool, Sponge Dauber, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, paint brush

5 comments:

Pam~ said...

Clever idea with your card ... lovin' it! Have a great day and hope everything stays dry these next couple of days.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the wave! Have fun!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable card, Martha! So creative with the wave! Have fun with the boys this weekend!

Patti MacLeith said...

Awesome waves--I hope everyone stays safe!

Cindi M said...

Martha, Love the card, esp the "hand did" waves. Hope you and all my family in FL have a safe weekend.