Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Garden Picken' Time with Stampin'Up!s Homegrown

The Friday Free for All challenge over at Splitcoast is entitled "It's Garden Picken' Time". Now I wish I could say I colored these vegetables but, I can't. My dear sister and Stampin'Up! demonstrator, Margaret, loves Stampin'Up!s Homegrown set. Check out some of her other vegetables on her new blog, Newfdogstampin'. She colored these images using her Blender Pens and Pastels. She is already on her second set of Stampin'Up! pastels and she has only been a demonstrator since May! To keep the images bold and permanent she sprayed them with a fixative for pastels which she purchased at a local craft store. The images are truly beautiful!


I've got just the right person to give this card to. My neighbor and dear friend makes the best artichokes! My family can't wait for Dawn's artichokes! She stuffs them with a mixture of butter and stuffing and I don't know what else but, they are yummy!! Inside I think I will use the phrase from Word Play that says "so worth the wait". Her artichokes are so worth the wait!

My base card is Crumb Cake card stock. The Woodlands Designer Series paper is layered on top of Garden Green Textured card stock. The artichoke images from the Homegrown stamp set were stamped on Confetti Cream card stock using Stazon and colored with Stampin' Pastels and Blender pens. I layered the images on Wild Wasabi and Crumb Cake card stock. The brads are from the new Vintage Trinkets set.

I hope you enjoyed today's project. If you have any questions regarding the project or techniques don't hesitate to contact me. Please see the recipe below for the supplies my sister and I used.

God Bless,
Recipe:
Stamps: Homegrown, Word Play
Ink: Black Stazon
Paper: Crumb Cake, Wild Wasabi, Confetti Cream card stock, Garden Green Textured card stock, Woodlands Designer Series paper
Misc: Blender Pens, Stampin' Pastels, Corner Rounder punch, Large Oval punch, Linen Thread, Vintage Trinket, Glue dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Awesome coloring! I haven't used my pastels in awhile, but after seeing your sister's artichokes, I think I will!

Carla said...

I love the coloring... awesome job!!! I love this card. Fabulous. Hugs,

Cahos' Chaos said...

I could not for the life of me, figure out how I would even use this stamp set, so I avoided getting it. But you did a great job, and the colors are GREAT. Thank you for sharing.

Cards by Gina said...

Gorgeous card! Gorgeous coloring! Love looking at both!

Linda Callahan said...

That DSP is perfect with this set!