Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Featured Artist for Pals Paper Arts


Pals Paper Arts has a fresh new look to help inspire your creativity!
Be sure to stop by and see all the creative ideas and new look.


My card uses the stamp set Just Believe; one of my favorite new sets. I combined this stamp set with a technique called "polished stone" in creating today's project.
  • The background layer was created using Perfect Plum, Certainly Celery, and Gold reinkers and Stampin'Up!s Glossy card stock.
  • Soak 3 cotton balls in rubbing alchohol and squeeze out any extra liquid.
  • Add 3 drops of ink to each cotton ball (one color per cotton ball). You can drop them in a triangle pattern.
  • Begin dabbing the ink onto the card stock.
  • Use all three cotton balls and go over the card stock until you have it completely covered.
  • The Classic inks don't take long to dry but the metalic inks do.
  • Here is a link to more detailed instructions.


I inked Stampin'Up! Just Believe image onto watercolor paper using Certainly Celery and Perfect Plum ink. I then went over the image with the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint and then "smooched" the border with the Gold Lame Smooch.

The sentiment is embossed with Gold Embossing powder on Certainly Celery card stock.


I hope you enjoyed today's project. Check out the sketch over at Pals Paper Arts and give it a try! If you have any questions regarding this project or technique please contact me.

God Bless,
To Order Stampin'Up! Products 24/7, Click Here


Recipe:
Stamps: Just Believe (clear mount)
Ink: Certainly Celery and Perfect Plum Stampin' Write markers, Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum, Gold reinkers, VersaMark
Paper: Perfect Plum, Brushed Gold, Certainly Celery, Watercolor paper, Glossy card stock
Misc: Clear Mount Blocks M and D, Champagne Shimmer Paint, Gold Lame Smooch, Corner Rounder punch, Victoria Crochet Trim, Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stampin' Dimensionals.
Non Stampin'Up! items: cotton balls, paint brush

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great job with the background piece. It's gorgeous! It looks like patterned paper. Love the softness of your card. Very, very pretty!

Debbie Pierce said...

BRILLIANT!! Gorgeous card, and thank you for the clever instructions. I can't wait to play with this!! :)

Linda Callahan said...

Wow Margaret this is a work of art! Gorgeous background effect - just beautiful!

Susan J Carlson said...

You showcased another technique that I didn't know about. Stunning!

No typos today LOL!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Martha! This is a wonderful technique, and I am glad that you showcased it! Great job with the sketch!

Patti MacLeith said...

Your background is so beautiful and different. I was just thinking yesterday about what I was going to do with my glossy card stock!

Carla said...

Your card is so beautiful Martha. I will try your technique. I've always been going to try new backgrounds, and I'm finally gonna do it. I just love those colors you put together, elegant too. Hugs,

Mary Fish said...

The polished stone really adds a
"wow" factor. Beautiful work and thanks for being a Featured Artist on the PPA this week. Hugs, M

Tammy said...

Wowee Zowee Martha! I love this card - so stunning. I can only imagine it is even more beautiful in person. Thanks for sharing a new technique!
~ Tammy :-)

Pam~ said...

Congrats Ms. Featured Artist your card is STUNNING! I didn't know you had created the background until I read your post. It is beautiful! This stamp set is on my wish list. Have a great day!

Dawn Gross said...

Fabulous! Background is the best!

Dawn

Regina Mangum said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, Martha! This is really beautiful.