Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to College with Stampin'Up!

Today's Back-to-school project is for the college students who need to cook for themselves!

Of my three college students only one I would say could fend for herself in the kitchen. The boys would probably tend towards Raman Noodle soup and Kraft Mac-n-Cheese every day. Now our whole family eats these items on occasion but not as a daily meal!


To help my boys out, my daughter Rachel and I created this recipe/meal planning book we entitled "How To Boil Water - Recipes to keep you fed while away at school"for the boys. We made a list of easy family favorite meals and recipes Rachel found convenient to make at school that were homemade instead of boxed. We've got about 10 meals done but our book has space for 20 one sided recipes.

I used My Digital Studio to create the cover. If you use the 5x5 photo album template, you will get a slightly larger size that fits the On Board 5x5 Art Journal. I took the cover to a local office/printing store on my flash drive and had them print it on photo paper.



The meal/recipe cards were also created using My Digital Studio. I was careful to keep everything within a 4 3/4" x 4 1/2" size. I printed these on Very Vanilla using my computer and then decorated them with images from the Studio Sketches stamp set. My daughter, Rachel did the coloring for me ~ she is much better at coloring than I! The Very Vanilla cards are backed with a variety of colored card stock.


I hope you enjoyed today's project. I know I feel a little better sending my 2 boys into apartments for the first time now that they have a little bit of cooking instruction! Stop back tomorrow for another Back-to-School project and Stampin'Up! special.

If you have any questions or comments regarding today's project, feel free to contact me or post them here.

God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: Studio Sketches
Ink: Stazon Black, Stampin' Write markers
Paper: Very Vanilla, Regal card stock, Brights card stock
Misc: On Board 5x5 Art Journal, My Digital Studio, Paper Snips, SNAIL

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So fun! (Just in case... add a pocket on the back for take-out coupons! lol)

Pam~ said...

Wonderful idea and oh so cute!

Cahos' Chaos said...

What a great idea, I will have to remember that. Thanks for sharing and God Bless.

Diana
http://b4ustamp.blogspot.com

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful idea, Martha! Your family is so lucky to have you as a mom!

Patti MacLeith said...

Fantastic idea. I know my kids received their own "booklets" and they are still using them!

Cards by Gina said...

Oh, what a wonderful idea! I love this! Just sorry I never thought to do this for my boys! But, maybe, it's never too late. They each have their own apartments now. TFS!

Carla said...

Awesome!!! It reminds me of the recipes I made (up) for my Dad when he and mom divorced... his was one for toast and one for canned soup!!! He couldn't boil water. lol You sure made me smile today. Hugs,