Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

August Pals Hop ~ Gettin' Organized with Stampin'Up!


Welcome to the August PALS Hop and my Back-to-School week! This month the Pals Blog hop is featuring projects that are 3-D (three dimensional); some of my favorite projects!! If you've hopped over from Diana Caho's site, b4ustamp, I'm stop number 6 on the Pals Hop and I'm excited you're here! I'll help you "hop along' from blog to blog where you'll find some inspirational 3-d creations. Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-Up and you'll be back on track.


Today's project is to help get us organized for the coming school year. Everyone makes lists on a piece of paper but how much more enjoyable is it to have a beautiful cover for your To-Do list! Each cover holds a 5"x8" pad of paper and pen. The cover is a 10 3/4" x 8 1/4" piece of card stock scored at 5 1/4" and 5 1/2". Each panel is 5 1/4" by 8 1/4". The Play Date Designer Series paper with the 2-Step Owl punch make a perfect cover for my daughter's 4th grade teacher.


The inside front cover has a pocket to hold receipts, coupons, etc.


These next two covers use the Greenhouse Gala Designer Series paper. Isn't it gorgeous! The Flower Brads now come in every color family! These are the Brights Flower Brads.


The new Friends Never Fade stamp set is a perfect match to the Greenhouse Gala Designer Series paper. I LUV our new Designer Buttons. They also come in all the color families! These are the Brights Designer Buttons.


These last two books were made by two of my customers at my Back-to-school event. We all agreed that these beautiful To Do lists were going to keep us more organized than we've ever been in the past....or....at least we're going to look good carrying them!!

That's it for me! I hope you enjoyed my 3-D projects. If you have any questions or comments regarding today's projects please contact me or leave a comment below. I'll be posting back-to-school project ideas all week long this week! So, which is your favorite cover?

For more inspiring ideas, hop over to Kylie Nicolosi's, Kyliescraftycorner, stop number 7 on the August Pals Hop! I can't wait to see what she has in store for us! Thanks for "hopping" by!

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Friends Never Fade, Peace Within
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Paper: Play Date Designer Series Paper, Greenhouse Gala Designer Series paper, Coordinating Card stock
Misc: ribbon, Designer Buttons, Flower Brads, Small Heart punch, Large Oval punch, Wide Oval punch, 2-Step Owl punch

17 comments:

Joanna M said...

What a great idea! I am going to have to make one of those for when my kids start school soon too! Thanks for sharing your awesome idea!

Cards by Gina said...

This is exactly what I've been looking for! I need this sooooo badly and all of the ones you show here are exquisite! Wow, I'm excited now to try to make my own! TFS! :)

Mary Fish said...

Perfect teacher gift! Each one is gorgeous. However, I'm nutso about the 3rd one :) Love the patterns. Hugs, M

Debbie said...

They are All gorgeous! Do you have the recipe for them ..or how is the pen attached??

Ann Schach said...

Love these, Martha! I absolutely love number 3!

Martha said...

The pen is attached to the back cover. It's just a small loop of ribbon. The pad of paper is then attached over the ribbon to the back cover.

Kylie said...

how cute! thanks for sharing. i have several pregnant friends and i think this would be adorable with the nursery suite paper. i'm going to have to try one out!

Cahos' Chaos said...

I am going to absolutely CASE this one. Thanks you so much for sharing. God Bless.

Pam~ said...

Oh Martha, this is a hard choice on which is my fav ... they are all beautiful! Since blue is one of my favorite colors, I would pick #3. Have a great day!

Ginger said...

perfect timing with the school year starting Martha! And the size is perfect!

Traci Davis said...

Wow, what a beautiful way to stay organized! Thanks for sharing.

Kim said...

I need to get organized!! Love these - can't wait to give it a try! TFS Martha!

Mike Funke said...

Beautiful projects Martha! At first I thought they were just a piece of art propped on an easel. What a great surprise to find they are so functional as well!

Mike

Kris Kilcoyne said...

My favorite is the top, Play Date notebook. Love the colors and that little owl.

Dawn Gross said...

Great idea - these would be nice to give as gifts to the ladies in my office.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous - I have to make one now.
And love the papers!
Love how the pen and pocket to hold receipts in.

Carla said...

Great projects, I love them all. Can't wait to make one for my granddaughter, she loves paper with lines. Hugs,