Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another Studio Sketches for SplitCoast Sketch Challenge




Great sketch challenge at Splitcoast Stampers today! I've been wanting to play with the new Studio Sketches more so this stamp set became the focus of my card. The sketch images are beautiful. You can give them a little color as I did with ink and a blender pen or you can keep them as stamped. These are the clear mount blocks and the images is crisp and clear.
To create the fruit scene I first inked the pineapple image using Going Gray and then masked the bowl of apples giving the scene a more 3-d look. The one apple was colored using Cherry Cobbler and a Blender Pens.

The base card is Sahara Sand dry embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder. The Designer Series paper is from the Neutrals Designer Series paper. This paper reminds me of wall paper I used to see when I was little. I sponged some Sahara Sand ink on the Designer Series paper to give it an aged look. I also sponged the image square around the edges. The red card stock peeking around the edges is Cherry Cobbler.

The sentiment is from Inspired By Nature inked in Cherry Cobbler.

This stamp set is available in wood and clear mount. If you would like to get your stampin' hands on this set, contact me for ordering details. See the recipe below for all the supplies I used.

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Studio Sketches, Inspired by Nature
Ink: Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler
Paper: Sahara Sand, Cherry Cobbler card stock, Neutral Designer Series Paper
Misc: Vintage Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals

5 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Really love how you highlighted one piece of fruit! Very artistic.

Ann Schach said...

Love the pop of color with the Cherry Cobbler! Great job with the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

I agree with Patti - very artsy - that touch of red is classy!

Mary Fish said...

Total class! Hugs, M

Carla said...

I think your card is awesome, I love the color combination and that apple!!! Hugs,