Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Inspired by Pocket Silhouettes



Today's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is an inspiration challenge. a beautiful summery picture of a hammock full of floral pillows. You can view Pals Paper Arts here.

My card is a 6x6" card scored at 3". I stamped images from Stampin'Up! Pocket Silhouette onto Regal Rose & Cameo Coral card stock and attached it to a 2x4.5" piece of Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped a third image right onto the Very Vanilla using my Stampin' Write Markers in Old Olive, Cameo Coral, Regal Rose, and Crushed Curry. I inked the whole image in Old Olive first and then took my Blender Pen and removed the ink from the blooms I wanted in different colors. A reverse use of the Blender Pens.

The flowers were punched out using the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack. I love this little set!! I roughed them up a bit and put a dab of Crystal Effects in the center of each.

My sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes. (I use this stamp every week, it's so versatile.) I also added one of the Bitty Buttons that goes with the Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack atop of another punched flower. Some linen thread ties it all together.

I hope you enjoyed today's project! I cased parts of this project from some of the projects in the new 2010-2011 Idea Book & Catalog from Stampin'Up! that will be available July 1.

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Martha! I love the card size and layout! The Itty Bitty flowers and buttons are so cute!

Linda Callahan said...

So noice to see a differ3ent sized card! This is soooo pretty! Love the Itty Bitty stuff!

Carla said...

So beautiful! Love the colors and the design is so pretty like that. Hugs,

Cards by Gina said...

Love, love, love your card, Martha! Pocket Silhouettes is one of my favorite stamp sets--even though I don't own it. Beautiful colors and terrific take on the Inspiration Challenge!