Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Very Special Get Well


A Get Well card for a very special lady!

I have been absent for awhile it seems. Today I needed a "Get Well" card for my sweet Mother-in-law who is in the hospital. The stamping community is so awesome please keep her and her husband of 50 some years in your prayers.

I created this card for a challenge at Paper Craft Planet called Tuesday Trigger Time. What inspired me from this picture were the bold colors against the black and for some reason the gray textured lines on the white hibiscus stood out to me.

I created this easel card using Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, and Going Gray card stocks. I used all punches to create the flowers. The large flower is the Fancy Flower Extra-large, the medium flower is part of the Boho Blossom punch and the small flower is one of the Itty Bitty Shapes punches. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (as you have heard me say before,I love this set) and punched out with one of the Boho Blossom flowers.

The easel base has a piece of Going Gray card stock which was run through the Crimper and edged with the Scallop Edge punch. I tied a piece of the Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon. This is really beautiful ribbon and I love the color!

Hope you enjoyed today's project. Thanks for stopping by.

God Bless,

13 comments:

Tina said...

What a pretty flower card! I hope your MIL feels better soon!

Pam~ said...

Adorable card and this will surely make your mother-in-law feel better.

Ann Schach said...

Wow! The colors are stunning, and I think that you did a fantastic job with the challenge! I will certainly keep your mother-in-law, and your family, in my thoughts and prayers!

Regina Mangum said...

Martha, your card is fabulous! I've been tinkering with this Trigger and having trouble. You are inspiring me to get going! Beautiful work.

Mary Fish said...

Masterful translation from fashion to paper. Love it!!! Hugs, M

Patti J said...

What a darling card! It's bound to cheer up your sweet MIL! 50 years - wowza!

Michele Gross said...

Great take on the trigger! I'm sure your MIL will be cheered by it :)

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful - great inspiration! Hope your mother-in-law is on the mend!

Julia Aston said...

Love your big flowers!

Mandy said...

This is absolutely wonderful, Martha! Great job with the trigger! :)

Sylvia said...

Super cute card!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Martha! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World via Paper Crafts magazine! Thanks so much for playing along!

I hope your mother-in-law is doing OK!

~Tammy~ said...

I love the easel card and it would put a smile on my face and I am sure it will your MIL! Sending lots of aloha!