Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Eastern Blooms Meets Black Magic


This is a card I cased from Splitcoast Stamper, heyheypaula.

This month's Technique Talk at my home is the Black Magic or Chalkboard Technique. I'm using these two names interchangeably to mean ~ using Stampin' Pastels or Stampin'Up!'s Water Color pencils & Whisper White Craft ink against a dark card stock.

I chose to use the Eastern Bloom stamp set and inked the image in Whisper White Craft ink. Don't let your ink dry but take your Stampin' Pastels and a Sponge Dauber (cotton ball, Q-tip, or cosmetic applicators work also) and dab the color onto the ink. I used YoYo Yellow and Only Orange pastels on my flowers. There will be some residual on the Black cardstock. You can use the eraser found in the Stampin' Pastels kit to remove it or I also found unscented dryer sheets to work well also. The centers were colored using the Uni-Ball Gel pen. The single flower image also has a 3/4" Black circle with white dots drawn on with the Uni-ball pen and is paper pierced around the petals.

The Black card stock was layered on top of pieces of YoYo Yellow and tied up with a piece of the Black Gingham Ribbon. We will be saying "good bye" to these colors and ribbon. They are retiring so order yours while you still can!

I hope you enjoyed today's project. For a list of supplies I used to create this card, please see the recipe below. If you have any questions or would like to place an order to try your own hand at the Black Magic/Chalkboard Technique, don't hesitate to contact me.

Some Reminders:

  • Become a Stampin'Up! Demonstrator for just $99. You'll receive a Mini Starter Kit valued at over $180 and ALL the benefits of a Stampin'Up! Demonstrator. You will also receive both the current Idea Book and Catalogs and the new 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalogs. Check out the right side bar for details.
  • PLUS ~ If you would like to join as a hobby demonstrator, I am happy to exchange your business materials for Stampin'Up! product.Contact me for details.
  • I'm here to help you reach your goals as a hobby demonstrator or as a business builder!
  • Blog Candy ~ leave me a comment at the end of yesterday's post by 3:00pm CST (that's 4pm for all you Easterners), Friday, June 11th, at which time I'll choose a random winner. Shipping is to US only. I will announce the winner of my blog candy here on my blog, Sunday, June 13th, 2010. The winner will have 48 hours to contact me after their name is announced.
As one of my friends says, okey dokey that's it!

God Bless,



Recipe:
Stamps: Eastern Bloom, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Whisper White Craft ink
Paper: Basic Black, YoYo Yellow card stock
Misc: Corner Rounder punch, Mat Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, White Uni-ball Gel pen, Black Gingham ribbon, 3/4" Circle punch

9 comments:

Dee in N.H. said...

How pretty! Love those colors.

Lori A. said...

Very striking! I haven't tried that technique yet.

Mary Fish said...

Stunning. Love the black and yellow! Hugs, M

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful job, Martha! The colors look stunning!

Anonymous said...

Wow - the colors really pop! How fun!

Cards by Gina said...

Oooh, so beautiful. I adore the Eastern Blooms stamp set and I love the colors and design you chose for your card using them. Terrific job!

Carol said...

What a gorgeous card. Love the colors, love the technique, love your ideas. Keep inspiring me to become as creative as you!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

This is such a cool technique!!

Thanks for showing us your beautiful creation.

Carla said...

So pretty Martha, love the colors too. Hugs,