Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Stampin'Up! Folk Flowers

CC271 & SC281

I guess by now you know how much I love Stampin'Up!s stencils! I combined two challenges for this project; the color challenge at splitcoast ~ Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango, So Saffron and today's sketch challenge at splitcoast. My first reaction to these three colors was ~ argh! that Dusty Durango just doesn't fit! In the end, it all came together.

I used the Folk Flower stencil which matches the Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper. I sponged the stencil with VersaMark first and then the three challenge colors; going from lightest to darkest. I then sprinkled a small amount of Iridescent Ice on top and embossed it. I think the So Saffron is a bit heavy. It might look better with some sponging along the edges or the stencil inked on a neutral color. I love the mix of colors though in the image!

Our family has moved from graduation, graduation party, to stomach bug~ argh again!! but today the sun is shinning a bit brighter here and everyone is out of the house! I'm enjoying the quiet and uninterrupted stamping time!!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed today's project. The stencil I used today was in the Occasions Mini catalog but is still available along with a few other items from the last two mini catalogs. You can view the "Carry Over" list here. Contact me if you have any questions and while you're here, let me know what you thought of today's project.

God Bless,




Recipe:
Stamps: Oval All
Ink: VersaMark, So Saffron, Dusty Durango, Rich Razzleberry
Paper: Rich Razzleberry & Dusty Durango Textured card stock, So Saffron card stock
Misc: Folk Flowers stencils, Corner Rounder punch, Scallop Oval punch, Iridescent Ice, Heat Tool, Playground buttons, Stampin' Dimensionals

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely gorgeous with this paper, Martha! Very creative!

Patti MacLeith said...

Martha, I think it looks great as is and I like how you combined the colors on the stencil and jazzed it up with Iridescent Ice!

Linda Callahan said...

I just love your stencil work - and the glitz is the frosting on the cake!

Carla said...

I have yet to get any stencils... but with your card, I will now. Beautiful!!! Hugs,