Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Monogram Sweet for a Special Wedding

Weddings are beginning in our small city. We've watched many of these young people grow up from childhood. I just stand amazed that I'm watching them marry!

Today's project is a set of monogram cards and box for the newlyweds. I used the Monogram Sweet stamp set which I absolutely love. The letters are beautiful and have just the perfect amount of swirl without overpowering the letter.

I came as close as I could to the colors for the wedding, Very Vanilla, Brushed Silver, and Ballet Blue. The Ballet Blue is embossed using the Elegant Bouquet Textured Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. The monogram "W" is embossed with Silver Embossing powder on Very Vanilla card stock. The cards were fairly simple in design but, I think they turned out very elegant if I may say so myself!
The note card box was created out of a piece of Bordering Blue Textured card stock. I used a tutorial found here to create it. The finishing touch was a Very Vanilla satin bow.

All 10 cards with envelopes fit nicely in the box!

I hope you enjoyed today's project as much as I enjoyed making it! If you would like to create your own monogram cards and box make sure to check out the recipe below and contact me to place your order!

God Bless,




Recipe:
Stamps: Monogram Sweet
Ink: VersaMark, Ballet Blue
Paper: Very Vanilla, Brushed Silver, Ballet Blue, Bordering Blue
Misc: 1 1/4" Circle punch, 1 3/8" Circle punch, 5/8" Very Vanilla Satin ribbon, Elegant Bouquet Textured Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

7 comments:

Mary Fish said...

My mouth is open . . . this is exquisite and I have never noticed the Monogram Sweet stamp set. It's gorgeous (I even had to look it up I was so intrigued). Hugs, M

Linda Callahan said...

Absolutely beautiful gift! I love Monogram Sweet and it certainly works perfectly here - I am going to CASE this for shower I am going to in two weeks! Thanks Martha!

Patti MacLeith said...

I, too, had not noticed this set. What a stunning gift! Perfectly brought together in the box with ribbon! Fantastic, Martha!

Ann Schach said...

Martha...I had been on the fence as to whether or not to buy this set. You have just sold me on it! What you have created is so beautiful!

Carla said...

Martha your cards are so beautiful. I hadn't noticed that stamp set either... its on my list. Hugs,

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I thought the same thing, I never looked at that stamp set before.

I am looking now because of your beautiful card set.

LOVE IT!!

Tiffany said...

Beautiful work Martha!