Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day

Today's project was created using My Digital Studio. The poem I found on The Arlington Cementary website. Click on it to read the story behind the poem, In Flanders Field. It's a very neat story and the words still ring true 95 years later.

As I created this, I learned a lot about the history of Memorial Day. I never thought being a Stampin'Up! demonstrator would have me learning a bit of history! I know some of my fellow demonstrators feel the same way. It's been a history lesson working on these projects.

If you have lost someone in a war or have loved ones serving in the military this Memorial Day, I so appreciate the sacrifice you've made and have you in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

Recipe:
My Digital Studio
Textured Card Stock Download

6 comments:

Carla said...

Beautiful Martha! Hugs,

Debbie said...

Beautiful, thank you for sharing. God bless everyone who has ever served in the name of freedom and liberty.

Patti MacLeith said...

How wonderful this looks! Great job!

Mary Fish said...

Wonderful poem and project. My grandfather was buried in Arlington. Reminded me of him :) Hugs, M

Ruth Y. said...

I learned this poem 50 years ago when I was in college. It has always been one of my favorites. May I CASE your design to frame? It's beautiful!

Martha said...

Feel free to case it Ruth.