Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Monday, April 19, 2010

Designer Purse ~ And It Holds Cards Too!

I got to spend yesterday with my upline, Adriana, making this adorable purse with matching monogram notecards. Because I use all Stampin'Up! materials you may be wondering what Designer Series paper that is. Well, I don't know! All I know is that it is a retired set. It's really pretty though.


The purse wasn't too hard to create using the tutorial from Becky at Inking Idaho. Her instructions are very clear. The purse can easily hold 4 cards with envelopes. And the front pocket would be great for stamps, post it notes, etc. I embellished the purse with ivory pearls from the Pretties Kit and Very Vanilla flowers from Stampin'Up!s Flower Fusion Sizzlet.

For the cards I used a Very Vanilla base, a layer of Basic Gray stamped with Fifth Avenue Floral inked in VersaMark, Gray 5/8" Satin ribbon (it's beautiful!), and the "M" from Stampin'Up!s Monogram Sweet set. This is a gorgeous set!! The monogram uses the 1 3/8" Circle punch over the 1 3/4" Circle punch. I really like the clean look of this card.

I hope you enjoyed today's project. You can check out the recipe below for the supplies I used.

Take a look at the New Color Collections in Stampin'Up!s Color Renovation to the left and the Fond Farewell colors retiring in June. Make sure to stock up on your favorites. When they run out of these colors they will be gone. Contact me to place your order today!


God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Monogram Sweet (#115462), Fifth Avenue Floral (#113734)
Ink: Basic Gray (#109120), VersaMark (#102283)
Paper: Basic Gray (#108692), Very Vanilla (#101650), ??? mystery Stampin'Up! DSP
Misc: Pretties Kit (#109114), Vintage Brads (#109109), Basic Gray 5/8" Satin Ribbon (#117666), 1 3/4" Circle punch (#112004), 1 3/8" Circle punch (#104410), 1 3/8" Square punch (#103375), 1" Square punch (retired), Sticky Strip (#104294), SNAIL (104332), Glue Dots (#103683), Stampin'Up! Floral Fusion (#115969), Big Shot (#113439)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY nice!

Paper Art Diva-Stephanie Daughtrey said...

Love that cute purse and those classy elegant cards. I can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

How sweet, my granddaughter would love that purse. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! The DSP is called Charbon. The entire pack is Very Vanilla and Basic Gray with a selection of different prints. LOVE the addition of the pearls - looks fabulous!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

VERY pretty!

Love your "new color and retiring color" graphics, too.

Cards by Gina said...

Love this project! I would like that purse as a real one, too! :)