Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Bella Bleu Wedding




It's the SEASON for weddings and I am running out of Bella Bleu Designer Series paper! I have loved using it and today's project was a blast! One of my customer's sent me a picture of a Tri-Shutter card. Thanks Lynn! I needed a bridal shower card and decided to give this card a try. You can find the instructions for the Tri-Shutter card here on SplitCoast Stampers.

This is definitely one of those WOW cards when you open it up. Inside I attached a gift card using glue dots. It took some time to cut the layers for this card but, I love the final results. The heart is from the Always stamp set. It's inked in VersMark, then Not Quite Navy ink, sprinkled with Iridescent Ice and set with the Heat Tool for the perfect amount of sparkle!

Bella Bleu Designer Series paper will be around through the end of June but will retire with the new Idea Book and Catalog. If you've got a lot of weddings coming up this summer you may want to stock up! The colors that coordinate are Kraft (which is retiring), Very Vanilla, and Not Quite Navy. The finished card size is a standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card.

Hope you enjoyed today's project. See the recipe below for a list of supplies I used. If you need help with your wedding/shower cards and invitations contact me, I'd love to help! Have a great weekend!

God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: All Holidays (#114916), Always (#113620), Whimsical Words (Sale-a- bration)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (103008), VersaMark (#102283)
Paper: Very Vanilla Textured card stock (#108693), Not Quite Navy Textured card stock (#108697), Bella Bleu (#113974)
Misc: Very Vanilla 5/8" Satin ribbon (#117291), Small Oval punch (#107304), Large Oval punch (#107305), Iridescent Ice (#101930), Heat Tool (#100005), Powder Pals (#102197), Glue Dots (#103683), Sticky Strip (#104294)

10 comments:

MsJay said...

This is a very pretty card. I have never made one of these, they look very interesting.

Margaret Moody said...

This is beautiful, Martha! I haven't tried making a Tri-Shutter card, but you've inspired me to do so! Love the Bella Bleu DSP, too!

Linda Callahan said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The pop of color on the wedding cake is perfect!

Ann Schach said...

This is definitely a "WOW" card! I have never tried this type of card, but I am definitely going to! Beautiful, Martha!

Carey said...

Oh I love this card. You did such a beautiful job. These are so fun to make aren't they.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

BRBreedlove said...

Love the Bella Bleu paper! I need to order some before it is gone! You do such beautiful work!

Brenda Breedlove

Unknown said...

Turned out wonderful. I'll have to give it a try myself.

Mary Fish said...

A show stopper. Love how the heart works with the Bella Bleu paper. Hugs, M

Cards by Gina said...

Your card is absolutely stunning! I'm such a fan of Bella Bleu so, to me, this was the perfect paper for this gorgeous card! Love everything about it. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Carla said...

Martha, you card is so beautiful. I love Bella Blue and the detail you put into your card. Awesome. Hugs,