Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stampin'Up! Happy Grad


I've got a "Happy Grad" in my house! My son, Jacob is counting the days until he graduates high school ~ 18 more days! Being a proud mom I have to show the page I did for the high school cross country year book. I did it using My Digital Studio(MDS). Because the cross county year book is in black and white I didn't embellish it. But MDS worked like a charm!
Here's my Jacob ~


The focus of the graduation card is the Vintage Ornament 1 Stencil and the new stamp Happy Grad available in the upcoming Summer Mini catalog available May 1. I'm enjoying experimenting with our stencils. Make sure to stop back on Thursday to see the project I created for Pals Paper Arts. Another awesome way to use Stampin'Up! stencils!

The graduation card starts with a standard 4 1/4"x 5 1/2" Soft Suede card followed by a layer of Very Vanilla cut 1/8" less on the length and width. I added a 2"x4" strip of Bella Bleu Designer Series paper (I am seriously almost out of this paper!) and a 3 1/2"x 4" piece of Bermuda Bay Textured card stock. The sentiment is a piece of Soft Suede card stock inked with Soft Suede ink. (I think next time I would try Chocolate Chip ink to make it a bit darker.) The Vintage Ornament 1 stencil image was sponged prior to the sentiment in Very Vanilla Craft ink and Sponge Dauber. The embelishments are 5/8" Very Vanilla Satin ribbon and Gold Brads.

The layout I cased from a card by Mary Fish.

I hope you enjoyed today's project! Please see the recipe for the supplies I used. The stencils you will find in the Decor Element brochure. If you would like more information on our stencils or this project please contact me!


God Bless,


Recipe:
Stamps: Happy Grad
Ink: Very Vanilla Craft, Soft Suede
Paper: Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Bermuda Bay Textured,. Bella Bleu Designer Series paper
Misc: Vintage Ornament 1 stencil, Sponge Dauber, Very Vanilla Satin ribbon, Gold Brads, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack


3 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Gorgeous card, Martha!

I love the colors.

Congrats on having a grad in the house. He sure HAS grown! It's so nice to see that he stuck through Cross Country all 4 years. That's awesome!

Linda Callahan said...

Congrats to Jacob - love the yearbook page - amazing the change 4 years bring! Also love seeing the new graduation stamp (and how you used it) on your card - very pretty!

Cards by Gina said...

Wonderful card, terrific yearbook page, very handsome son! Congratulations on having a graduate in the house!!!!