Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Stampin'Up! Folk Flowers ~ Got the Blues for PPA!

I'm always excited to be able to participate as a featured stamper with this great group of Stampin'Up! demonstrators. This week's challenge at Pals Paper Arts was to create a project using shades of blue.


I have been anxious to do more with the Stampin'Up! stencils so I created some home decor for this week's challenge. This stencil is the Folk Flowers stencil from the Occasions Mini catalog. It will still be available after the catalog ends April 30th.
I laid out my piece of Whisper White card stock taped at the corners and then taped the stencil over it to keep it in place as I sponged.
I used my Sponge Daubers and randomly sponged Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, and Night of Navy over the stencil starting with the lighter colors. This is such an easy technique and the results really are unique.
The sentiment is from the Peace Within stamp set inked in Night of Navy and punched out with the Scallop Oval punch. I also punched out Picture Corners in Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue and added them to each corners.
The entire image is mounted on a piece of Night of Navy Textured card stock.
I hope you enjoyed my project. Make sure to check out all the great projects at Pals Paper Arts.Try your hand at creating a project using shades of Blues!
God Bless,



Recipe:
Stamps: Peace Within
Ink: Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Night Of Navy
Paper: Night of Navy Textured card stock, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue card stock
Misc: Folk Flower stencils, Sponge Daubers, Scallop Oval punch, Stampin' Dimensionals,

11 comments:

Carla said...

Such a beautiful card, Martha. Hugs,

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Really pretty.

I love how you used different colors on the stenciled image.

Debbie Pierce said...

Beautiful design. I may have to start working with stencils!! :)

Anonymous said...

beautiful card, you did a great job on this challenge!

Linda Callahan said...

I am still lovin' this stencil work you are doing!

Cards by Gina said...

Beautiful card, Ms. Featured Artist! You work so well with those stencils! Funny that we both used the same motif for our cards this week!

Pam~ said...

Very nice card! You did a great job with your daubers and stencil.

Kim said...

This is beautiful Martha!! You are doing amazing work with the stencils!! Gorgeous!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful job, Martha! I love the blues that you used!

Patti MacLeith said...

Just stunning, Martha!

Sam said...

Great job with that stencil. Your card looks beautiful. I personally always feel a little intimidated with stencils and masks.