Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stampin'Up! Folk Flowers Keep it Simple for PPA

Today's challenge at Pals Paper Arts is a KISS challenge (Keep It Simple Sweetie!).

Stampin'Up!s Decor Stencil, Folk Flowers, is the focus of this KISS card. This stencil comes with another Pennsylvania Dutch style stencil available in the current Occasions Mini catalog.
The stencils are very easy to use. I taped the stencil and paper down at the corners before starting. At first I was going to cover sections with post it notes to control where my ink went but, this is a "Keep It Simple" card. Instead I opened up the colors I wanted to use, Melon Mambo, Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, & Soft Suede; took my sponge daubers and randomly went over the entire stencil. I love the results, I don't think I could have planned it any better if I tried. The stencil cleaned up easily and I had the design for my card. I couldn't decide which part to cut off so instead, I scored it at around 2" and folded it around the back. When it's open you can see the entire image.

The sentiment is from With All My Heart also available in the current Occasions Mini catalog.

Besides my sentiment the only other embellishment I used was our Linen Thread wrapped around the card fold a couple of times.

You will see this stencil set again. I'm going to play with it some more and see what else I come up with! Make sure to check out all the great creations at Pals Paper Arts!

I hope you enjoyed today's project. See the recipe below for the supplies I used. We are coming to the end of the Occasions Mini catalog. Don't miss out on something in this catalog like these stencils. Contact me today to place your order!
Stamps: With All My Heart (#118623)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry (#115658), Melon Mambo (#115656), Crushed Curry (#115659), Bermuda Bay (#115655), Soft Suede (#115655)
Paper: Bermuda Bay Textured card stock (#115538), Whisper White (#100730)
Misc: Sponge Daubers (#102892), Scallop Oval (#114889), Linen Thread (104199), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

12 comments:

Suzi said...

It may be random, but it's beautiful!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

I love this!

Frenchie said...

martha what a pretty card like allway's.....
frenchie from Plant city. fl

Kim said...

Came out GREAT Martha - don't ya love when it all comes together w/out the actual 'plan'?!

Cards by Gina said...

What a great idea and what a beautiful card! I just love it! Thanks for sharing how you created it, too.

Debbie said...

Beautiful!! :)

Patti MacLeith said...

GOSH this is beautiful!

Mary Brown said...

Beautiful use of this stencil! I love the intensity of color you used!

Ann Schach said...

Wonderful card, Martha! Great color choices!

Linda Callahan said...

Serendipity! I love it when things just happen - and this just happens to be beautiful! Absolutely wonderful!

Carla said...

Martha, your card is so beautiful. I love it. Hugs,

Anonymous said...

wonderful card, hugs bjf