Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kaleidoscope Envelope Brag Book


These little photo albums always make a great gift. Using Stampin'Up!s Clear Envelopes and instructions from my Clear Envelope Brag Book video, I put this one together for my mom's birthday. For her birthday our family took her on an air boat ride to a near by river; something she will probably never do again but will want to remember when she goes home. I have to say this was a highlight for me as well! Have you ever heard of a "swamp rabbit"? Neither had I until our guide helped us pull one out of the water. My 8 year old wanted to bring it home as a pet. Having gone through many pets with my older children, it was easy to release this cute little bunny back into the wild.



The beautiful and bright Kaleidoscope Designer Series paper is the focus of the brag book cover. I combined Green Galore and Bermuda Bay Textured card stock together to create the book and added pink and orange Flower Brads as embellishments.

The title was designed using My Digital Studio, printed on Vellum Card stock, and punched out using the Scallop Trim Border and Corner punch. I used these instructions by Stamping 411 to create the rectangle; it's very easy to do!

I've been experimenting with Crystal Effects so I tried painting it in a couple of areas on the Designer Series paper. I like the added texture and shine it gives.

Well, that's it for today! I hope you enjoyed the project. I love reading your comments - so remember to leave yours before you leave!

If you have any questions on this project don't hesitate to contact me.

God Bless,

Recipe:
Paper: Green Galore, Bermuda Bay Textured card stock, Kaleidoscope Designer Series paper, Vellum card stock
Misc: Clear Envelopes, Flower Brads, Scallop Trim Border punch, Scallop Trim Corner punch, Glue dots, Sticky Strip, 3/16" Hole punch, Corner Rounder punch, Crystal Effects, My Digital Studio

4 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a nice gift for your mom! And, the swamp bunny is adorable!

Mary Fish said...

Swamp bunny? Eek . . . but the memories gift is perfection. Hugs, M

Carla said...

I love how you used the DSP, awesome gift for Mom. Love the swamp bunny!!! Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

Every time I go to FL I take an air boat ride some where - love them! Once we had a guy stop the boat and reach down and pull up a baby alligator and then he just handed it to me - yikes! Love the brag book!