Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Bella Bleu Birthday

Using the beautiful Bella Bleu Designer Series paper and the coordinating colors of Kraft, Very Vanilla, and Not Quite Navy; I created a simple birthday card for my mom's brother. The "V" (for Vernon) was cut out of Bella Bleu and card board using the Serif Essentials Die.


The "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from one of my favorite sets, "Teeny Tiny Wishes". I punched it out using the 1 3/8" Square punch and then rounded the bottom corners.

Besides the Earth Element brads the only other bling I added was on the "V". Though you can't see it, I took Crystal Effects and lightly went over the blue swirls on the letter. It gave the letter a nice 3d texture.

Hope you enjoyed today's project! See the recipe below for a full list of supplies. If you need to order supplies to create your own cards contact me or order on-line at my Stampin'Up! website. Have a Happy Easter!

God Bless,

Recipe:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370)
Ink: Not Quite Navy (#103008)
Paper: Not Quite Navy textured card stock (#108697), Bella Bleu (#113974), Kraft (#102125), Very Vanilla (#101650),
Misc: Earth Element brads (#106955), 1 3/8" Square punch (#104400), 3/16" Corner Rounder punch (#109047), Crystal Effects (#101055), Serif Essentials (#113464), Big Shot(#113439), Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW - gorgeous card. A very clean and elegant look but still so striking. TFS!

Ann Schach said...

Love this card, Martha! The "V" is the perfect touch. I am sure that I will be casing this for future birthday cards!

Stacey said...

I love this and with the right papers can look masculine for male birthdays!! I always seem to be at a loss for men cards!!!

Carla said...

Gorgeous card Martha. I love all those layers and of course one of my favorite papers. Hugs,

Patti MacLeith said...

You and Carla are all about the Bella Bleu! I love the "V" touch--charming!

Linda Callahan said...

Gotta get out my Bella Bleu - you and Carla are rockin' it!

Unknown said...

I really love this!

Kim said...

Gorgeous card. Love this paper.

Mary Fish said...

First class, Martha. Love the monogram :) Hugs, M