Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April Pals Hop ~ Happy Mother's Day!


To all the women who find themselves in the position of nurturing and mothering others, the April Pals Hop is for you!

If you've hopped over from Sumaiyah's, Stampin' Dymonz website, I'm hop number 8 on the April Pals Hop and I'm thrilled you stopped by! I hope you enjoy the entire Pals Hop and make your way all the way around! This group of Stampin'Up! Demonstrators, the Stampin' Pretty Pals, has put together some wonderful Mother's Day projects to spark your creativity. Should you become lost along the way you can access the entire lineup here!

I don't own a Mother's Day stamp set. Instead this set shouted "use me" for Mother's Day! I love his outfit and the way he balances "MOM" on his tray. He will definitely make his mom proud!

My recipe begins with a base card of Textured Melon Mambo(#115538) spiced up with Welcome Neighbor Designer paper (Sale-a-bration) a top a piece of Pretty in Pink card stock(#100459). The chef, from the Voila stamp set(#115102), was inked with Stazon Black ink(#101406) onto Whisper White(#100730) and 2 pieces of Welcome Neighbor Designer paper(Sale-a-bration). I then cut the pieces out using my Paper Snips(#103579) and adhered them on top of the Whisper White piece. (It was like cutting paper dolls)

The hearts and sentiment are from the Love You Much stamp set(113756), inked with Melon Mambo ink(#115656), and punched out with the coordinating 1/1/4" Circle punch(#104403) and Heart to Heart punch(#113694). The sentiment at the bottom shines with Crystal Effects (#101055) generously applied to the heart and allowed to dry (I gave it about 20 min to dry).

The final touch was "MOM" cut from Brushed Gold card stock(#102935) using the Big Shot(#113439) and the Stampin'Up! Billboard Decorative Strip(#114510) and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals(#104430).
Voila and Happy Mother's Day!!


This tin is for my mom this Mother's Day. She has many birthdays to celebrate and cards to send in a year and can now keep them organized in this cute lunch tin. Inside it is divided into family sections with a place to list each person and their birth date on the dividers.

For this project, I pulled out my Big Shot, Dies, texture plates, and Decor Element sheets and went to town. I love being able to make my own Decor Elements. The Big Shot cuts easily and the designs go on quickly. Each element on the tin is one of the dies we sell (see recipe below).


I found that the the textured dies worked just as well as the regular dies.


Dividers for card tin.

Well that's it for me! I hope my projects helped you get your creative juices flowing for Mother's Day! More inspiring ideas await you at Jason' Stampin' Pad, stop number 9 on the April Pals Hop! Hop on over and see what Jason has in store for you and thanks for "hopping" by!

And, before you "hop on", please leave a comment. I'd love to your thoughts on today's projects!



God Bless,

Tin Recipe:
Big Shot(#113439), Bashful Blue Decor Element Vinyl sheets(#118801), Certainly Celery Decor Element Vinyl sheets(#118806), Chocolate Chip Decor Element Vinyl sheets(#114337).
SU Flower Burst Embosslit(#114515), SU Beautiful Wings Embosslit (#118138), SU Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder(#117335), Flowers Decorative Strip(#113454), SU Little Leaves Sizzlit Die(#114511), SU Top Note die(#113463), Decor Elements Applicator(#114285).
Bashful Blue 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon(#109029), Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon(#109031), Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons(#114339), Sticky Strip (#104294)
Dividers: Bashful Blue card stock(#105120), Certainly Celery card stock(#105125), Wide Oval punch(#112082), Large Oval punch(#107305).
Tin by Provo.




16 comments:

Regina Mangum said...

Martha, this is the cleverest use of that stamp set I've ever seen! I love your tin. What a wonderful idea. XO

Melanie Collins (Oops a Daisy) said...

Martha - your Mother's Day is excellent! Very creative! That waiter is so cute!!!

Carla said...

I agree with Regina! Awesome and so creative. Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

That chef card is absolutely adorable - out of the box clever!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

The first word out of my mouth is "clever". I love your use of Voila here.

Makes him seem like a brand new stamp set!

Very cool idea for the card tin, too!

Kim said...

ADORABLE card! GREAT use of that stamp set! Beautiful card tin too - love that you decorated it with vinyl instead of paper!!

Patti MacLeith said...

Letters on the card are adorable. Also, I love the chef's custom "whites." Mom will be proud!

lisa808 said...

Cute card, I like how you put MOM on the tray. The card tin is a great idea.

Cards by Gina said...

Oh, Martha, both of your projects are so incredibly clever and unique. Your card is absolutely whimsical and the best use of the stamp that I've ever seen. What fun! I love your tin idea too. Terrific job!

Debbie said...

You are so creative!! The card is great, and I love the tin!!

:)

Mrs. Jones from the Circus said...

Very cute card, great color pallette. I have a little lunch tin too; I have been meaning to add pazazz to it but just haven't got around to it. Thanks for sharing.

Gloria Westerman said...

How very clever......I love that stamp set....great job....and thank you for sharing this with us....

Mary Fish said...

Delicious "mom" idea with the chef's platter and the tin is so clever. Hugs, Mary

Jeannie said...

Love this! Very cute and clever! Just like all your creations! TFS!

Lourdes Torres said...

What a wonderful contribution to this hop. Amazing projects, all beautiful.

Margaret Moody said...

I love both of your creations, Martha! The card is just too cute! I love how the letters for MOM are stacked atop the tray! I also love the birthday card tin! What a great gift idea! Thanks for sharing!