Welcome

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you find your visit here inspirational and helpful.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Before you go, I'd love you to leave a comment. They are -

v the icing on my cake!

v the bling on my card!

v the "Diet" in my "Coke"!

Martha

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Featured Artist For Pals Paper Arts



I'm totally thrilled today to be the Featured Artist for this week's Pals Paper Arts Challenge!


This week's challenge is a very interesting sketch. Even more exciting is that the stamp set I used, Happy Moments, I received FREE from the Sale-a-bration promotion going on right now! WooHoo - I love Free stuff!

  • Instead of making a 5 1/2" wide card, I flipped the sketch and made my Whisper White card 4 1/4" wide and 5 1/2" tall.
  • On top of my card base I layered a piece of Cottage Wall Designer Series paper.
  • I took a piece of Orchid Opulence card stock which coordinates with the Cottage Wall paper and ran it through my Big Shot using the Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Folder.
  • On a piece of 3x3 piece of Whisper White card stock I stamped the flowered image multiple times using Black Stazon ink to keep my colors and image from smearing. I used the coordinating colored Stampin' Write Markers to color my flowers. I then punched holes on either side using a retired 1/4" Circle punch and threaded a piece of 1/4" Bravo Burgundy Grosgrain ribbon through the holes.
  • The packages were also inked with Black Stazon ink and colored using coordinating Stampin' Write markers. I then cut the packages out and popped them on top of a piece of Old Olive card stock using Stampin' Dimensionals.
  • When I finished my card was looking a bit bare so I used the Flowers Sizzlit Decorative Strip and created a top border of flowers!
  • Voila!
I hope you enjoyed today's project! Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to stop by and see all the project over at Pals Paper Arts.

God Bless,


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a great card, barb

Ann Schach said...

Very pretty, Martha! Love the colors! Great job!

Cards by Gina said...

Wow! All my favorites rolled into one card--the DSP and the stamp set! I love the flowers across the top and the burgundy ribbon really sets off the entire card! Beautiful job, Featured Artist!

Regina Mangum said...

Martha, I love your colors. This card is so pretty! XO

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Such a cheerful card!

I love everything about it.

Patti MacLeith said...

Super, Martha!

Margaret Moody said...

I love the paper and the colors you used, Martha! I especially like how you stamped the floral background you used behind the birthday cake! Very clever! Super job with the challenge!

Carla said...

So pretty!!! Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

Such a happy birthday card - love it!

Mary Fish said...

Aha! She thinks out of the box and uses the sketch vertically. Love the flower border . . . Hugs, M